We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Change CRF version during dataentry

Hello,
I would like to share with you a consideration about the opportunity given to the dataentry to change the CRF version at the first entry for a new subject (screenshot 1).

In my opinion the opportunity has to be set at the time the CRF is included in the specific event (like other options we are able to set) and not left always open.

There are situations where I don't want the dataentry is able to change the version and situation where it could be acceptable.

Do you think the 'issue' might be considered?
Have you met the same 'issue' and found a solution?

Thanks in advance.
Alfonso.

screenshot 1:

This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com

Comments

• Hello Alfanso,

Currently, the funtionality to restrict users from choosing the CRF version does exist. There are two ways that this can be handled:
    If a version of a CRF is no longer being used and you no longer want it to be an option, you can ‘archive’ a version of the CRF. A version which has been archived means that it will no longer be available for future use, however; any previously collected data would still be included in export data.
    Sites can be further configured to apply additional restrictions (not set at the event definition level). When creating a site (or when editing) you can expand the links for site ‘Event Definitions’. You will see the option to set ‘available version’ and ‘default version’. When setting ‘available version’ you can restrict which versions of the CRF are available to which sites. If you have 4 versions of the CRF, you can say that only one of them should be available and users at that site would not have the option to select any other.

I hope this is helpful.

Best Regards,
    Alicia
    Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:25 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Change CRF version during dataentry

Hello,
    I would like to share with you a consideration about the opportunity given to the dataentry to change the CRF version at the first entry for a new subject (screenshot 1).

In my opinion the opportunity has to be set at the time the CRF is included in the specific event (like other options we are able to set) and not left always open.

There are situations where I don't want the dataentry is able to change the version and situation where it could be acceptable.

Thanks in advance.
    Alfonso.

screenshot 1:

• alfopnmsalfopnms Posts: 30
    Many thanks Alicia,
    the 2nd one helps me very much.

Saluti / Regards
    Alfonso
    Sent: Tue, 19Apr2011 15:52
    Subject: Re: [Users] Change CRF version during dataentry
    Hello Alfanso,
    Currently, the funtionality to restrict users from choosing the CRF version does exist. There are two ways that this can be handled:
    If a version of a CRF is no longer being used and you no longer want it to be an option, you can ‘archive’ a version of the CRF. A version which has been archived means that it will no longer be available for future use, however; any previously collected data would still be included in export data.
    Sites can be further configured to apply additional restrictions (not set at the event definition level). When creating a site (or when editing) you can expand the links for site ‘Event Definitions’. You will see the option to set ‘available version’ and ‘default version’. When setting ‘available version’ you can restrict which versions of the CRF are available to which sites. If you have 4 versions of the CRF, you can say that only one of them should be available and users at that site would not have the option to select any other.
    I hope this is helpful.
    Best Regards,
    Alicia
    Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:25 AM
    Subject: [Users] Change CRF version during dataentry
    Hello,
    Thanks in advance.
    Alfonso.
    screenshot 1:
    Click here to report this email as spam.
This discussion has been closed.