We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

[Developers] Email action for rule action

Hello May,

This is expected functionality.
Whenever you have a rule with either DiscrepancyNoteAction or EmailAction the expected behavior is that:
User enters a value which does not meet validation criteria
User hits save
User receives error message (no action is taken – user has the ability to update the value if a mistake had been made)
User does not make any changes to data and hits save again
Values are saved, Action is taken (either DiscreapancyNoteAction or EmailAction)

More documentation on rules can be found here: https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/rules

Best Regards,
Alicia
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:39 PM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: [Developers] Email action for rule action

Dear All,

I have a simple EMAIL Action. When I first click “SAVE”, it gives error message (see below) and no email was send. When I click “SAVE” second time(without changing anything), the data was saved, the email was sent too.
The log file indicates “IndexOutOfBoundsException was thrown “ for the first time “SAVE”. But I can “SAVE” the same data and send email for the second “SAVE”. Is this the right behavior, or my rule problem?

I am using OC3.1 community version.

Many many thanks for the help

May

***************** log ******************************
08/16 14:14:49 [OpenClinica] LPR INFO root o.a.o.s.r.e.ExpressionService:871 - Expression : SE_UHTEST[229].F_DEMOGRAPHICS_5422.IG_DEMOG_UNGROUPED_8576.I_DEMOG_HINO
08/16 14:14:49 [OpenClinica] LPR INFO root o.a.o.s.r.e.ExpressionService:871 - Expression : SE_UHTEST[229].F_DEMOGRAPHICS_5422.IG_DEMOG_UNGROUPED_8576.I_DEMOG_HINO
08/16 14:14:49 [OpenClinica] LPR ERROR root o.a.o.s.r.e.ExpressionService:214 - IndexOutOfBoundsException was thrown
08/16 14:14:49 [OpenClinica] LPR INFO root o.a.o.l.r.DataEntryRuleRunner:127 - RuleSet with target : SE_UHTEST[229].F_DEMOGRAPHICS_5422.IG_DEMOG_UNGROUPED_8576.I_DEMOG_HINO , Ran Rule : EPO_ENROLL The Result was : true , Based on that 1 action will be executed in DRY_RUN mode.
08/16 14:14:49 [OpenClinica] LPR INFO root o.a.o.l.r.DataEntryRuleRunner:146 - START Expression is : SE_UHTEST[229].F_DEMOGRAPHICS_5422.IG_DEMOG_UNGROUPED_8576.I_DEMOG_HINO , RuleAction : [email protected]4 , ExecutionMode : DRY_RUN
08/16 14:14:49 [OpenClinica] LPR INFO root o.a.o.l.r.DataEntryRuleRunner:172 - END Expression is : SE_UHTEST[229].F_DEMOGRAPHICS_5422.IG_DEMOG_UNGROUPED_8576.I_DEMOG_HINO , RuleAction : [email protected]4 , ExecutionMode : DRY_RUN

************** rule XML file ***************************
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

SE_UHTEST.F_DEMOGRAPHICS_5422.IG_DEMOG_UNGROUPED_8576.I_DEMOG_HINO

Sending email for Subject Randomization
[email protected]

Send email when the patient is randomized
I_DEMOG_HINO ne ""

This discussion has been closed.