Please join your peers on either March 26 (8pm GMT) or March 28 (8am GMT) to watch as user extraordinaire and forum legend @"lindsay.stevens" demonstrates OpenClinica Insight.

See preview and register at https://openclinica.com/insight-webinar

Insight makes it easy to ask questions of ALL of your clinical and operational data and visualize answers via interactive reports and dashboards. The idea is simple, but the results are powerful: ask your questions, choose your visualizations, then return often for updated, interactive results that link you to all of the underlying data.

[Developers] OpenClinica 3.1.2--Community is now available -- revised version (includes SQL files)

Re: [Developers] [Users] OpenClinica 3.1.2--Community is now available -- revised version (includes SQL files) Hi Krister,
We are working at correcting some of the packaging mistakes. Including the war file name and the datainfo.properties file returning it to he OS independent paths that work on both linux and windows without any need of editing.
Also in case people are not aware in the datainfo.properties file the following are automatic variables regardless of your OS.
${catalina.home} is always your tomcat directory regardless of OS, so if you followed my guide this is saying. c:\oc\tomcat for windows and /usr/local/tomcat for linux and does not need to be changed to represent those paths. If you did not follow my guide it will still be your tomcat directory regardless of it’s location.
${WEBAPP.lower} is your webapp nam in lowercase, so if you webapp name is “OpenClinica” (as it should be) then this would be “openclinica”
${WEBAPP} is your webapp name as is, so if you webapp name is “OpenClinica” (as it should be) then this would be “OpenClinica”
Thanks,
Shaun
On 12/29/11 11:04 AM, "Krister Kristianson" wrote:
Hi Richard,

One more thing. It would be useful to publish 3.1.2 keeping the format from 3.1.1, i.e. keeping the same name of the WAR files and the configuration of the datainfo file the same. Now it seems that 3.1.1 Had a datainfo file for Windows while 3.1.2 was in a LINUX format. This could cause lots of confusion for inexperienced users.

Thanks

Krister
Sent: 29 December 2011 12:08
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Users] [Developers] OpenClinica 3.1.2--Community is now available -- revised version (includes SQL files)
Hello Richard,

Thank for the new files. They do not help, however. OpenClinica does not start, the Tomcat Manager indicates FAIL. Obviously the WAR file is no longer called OpenClinica.war but OpenClinica-WEB.WAR The install instructions at https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/installation calls for OpenClinica.WAR . Please advice. Should the new database files belonging to the DATAMART be installed as well? Please clarify? Are there any updated install documents?
Best regards

Krister
Sent: 29 December 2011 00:25
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Developers] [Users] OpenClinica 3.1.2--Community is now available -- revised version (includes SQL files)
Hello All,
I realized that I have not included the database folder containing all of the SQL files for install/ upgrade for the posted OpenClinica 3.1.2.
I have updated the posting of OpenClinica 3.1.2- Community at
https://community.openclinica.com/project/openclinica (OpenClinica.com login required) so that it now contains all of the required database scripts. The
date' column should be listed as 28-Dec-2011 (which is the date I uploaded the new package-- today).
No changes on the code (i.e the war file) so you should be all set from that front.
I apologized for the inconvenience that this may have caused. Please let me know if you have any questions/ concerns.
Best,
Richard Jap
Software Quality Assurance Lead
OpenClinica
www.openclinica.com
Open Source Platform for Clinical Research
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed 12/28/2011 10:23 AM
Subject: [Users] OpenClinica 3.1.2--Community is now available
Greetings,
OpenClinica 3.1.2 is now available. This is an important maintenance
release of OpenClinica 3.1 and it is highly recommended you upgrade as
soon as possible. 3.1.2 addresses a large number of issues discovered
with 3.1 and 3.1.1. The most notable improvements include:
- Fixes to Extract Data issues tied to extract job completion, data
format/accuracy
- Increased data capture performance (especially for very large CRFs
with lots of rules)
- Show/Hide improvements allowing use of simple conditionals with
rule-based show/hide on CRF items, and numerous other fixes
- Addition of filter/sort persistence on SDV, so when you leave the page
and return your filter sort settings will persist.
- Addition of audit entry upon entry of initial value to an item
The web application and the web services modules of OpenClinica are in
separate war files.
You can download OpenClinica 3.1.2 from
https://community.openclinica.com/project/openclinica (OpenClinica.com
login required).
Please refer to the following URL for more information on OpenClinica
3.1.2:
https://wiki.openclinica.com/doku.php?id=developerwiki:oc312
Best,
Richard Jap
OpenClinica
www.openclinica.com

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭
    Re: [Developers] [Users] OpenClinica 3.1.2--Community is now available -- revised version (includes SQL files)
    Hi Shaun,

Thanks for correcting this. I will results in much fewer questions to the community!

Thanks

Krister
    Sent: 29 December 2011 18:04
    Subject: Re: [Users] [Developers] OpenClinica 3.1.2--Community is now available -- revised version (includes SQL files)

Hi Krister,
    We are working at correcting some of the packaging mistakes. Including the war file name and the datainfo.properties file returning it to he OS independent paths that work on both linux and windows without any need of editing.
    Also in case people are not aware in the datainfo.properties file the following are automatic variables regardless of your OS.
    ${catalina.home} is always your tomcat directory regardless of OS, so if you followed my guide this is saying. c:\oc\tomcat for windows and /usr/local/tomcat for linux and does not need to be changed to represent those paths. If you did not follow my guide it will still be your tomcat directory regardless of it’s location.
    ${WEBAPP.lower} is your webapp nam in lowercase, so if you webapp name is “OpenClinica” (as it should be) then this would be “openclinica”
    ${WEBAPP} is your webapp name as is, so if you webapp name is “OpenClinica” (as it should be) then this would be “OpenClinica”
    Thanks,
    Shaun
    Hi Richard,

One more thing. It would be useful to publish 3.1.2 keeping the format from 3.1.1, i.e. keeping the same name of the WAR files and the configuration of the datainfo file the same. Now it seems that 3.1.1 Had a datainfo file for Windows while 3.1.2 was in a LINUX format. This could cause lots of confusion for inexperienced users.

Thanks

Krister
    Hello Richard,

Thank for the new files. They do not help, however. OpenClinica does not start, the Tomcat Manager indicates FAIL. Obviously the WAR file is no longer called OpenClinica.war but OpenClinica-WEB.WAR The install instructions at https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/installation calls for OpenClinica.WAR . Please advice. Should the new database files belonging to the DATAMART be installed as well? Please clarify? Are there any updated install documents?
    Best regards

Krister
    Subject: Re: [Developers] [Users] OpenClinica 3.1.2--Community is now available -- revised version (includes SQL files)
    Hello All,
    I realized that I have not included the database folder containing all of the SQL files for install/ upgrade for the posted OpenClinica 3.1.2.
    https://community.openclinica.com/project/openclinica (OpenClinica.com login required) so that it now contains all of the required database scripts. The
    date' column should be listed as 28-Dec-2011 (which is the date I uploaded the new package-- today).
    No changes on the code (i.e the war file) so you should be all set from that front.
    I apologized for the inconvenience that this may have caused. Please let me know if you have any questions/ concerns.
    Best,
    Richard Jap
    OpenClinica
    www.openclinica.com
    Greetings,
    format/accuracy
    with lots of rules)
    separate war files.
    login required).
    3.1.2:
    Best,
    Richard Jap
    OpenClinica
    www.openclinica.com
    Re: [Developers] [Users] OpenClinica 3.1.2--Community is now available -- revised version (includes SQL files)
    Hi Shaun,

When can we expect to see the packaging results corrected. The reason I ask is that I do not want the hospitals I work with to have the current version with the mistakes and now they keep pushing me as they have seen 3.1.2 announced!

Regards

Krister

Hi Krister,
    Thanks,
    Shaun
    Hi Richard,

Thanks

Krister
    Hello Richard,

Best regards

Krister
    Hello All,
    Best,
    Richard Jap
    OpenClinica
    www.openclinica.com
    Greetings,
    format/accuracy
    with lots of rules)
    separate war files.
    login required).
    3.1.2:
    Best,
    Richard Jap
    OpenClinica
    www.openclinica.com
    Hi Shaun,

There seems to be a real problem with this distribution. It won’t even start in Tomcat when you follow the instructions in detail.

However, 3.1.1 deploys as expected in exactly the same configuration. The attached logfiles shows the failures approximately at 14:51 with 3.1.2 and the success at 15:20 with 3.1.1

Regards

Krister

Hi Krister,
    Thanks,
    Shaun
    Hi Richard,

Thanks

Krister
    Hello Richard,

Best regards

Krister
    Hello All,
    Best,
    Richard Jap
    OpenClinica
    www.openclinica.com
    Greetings,
    format/accuracy
    with lots of rules)
    separate war files.
    login required).
    3.1.2:
    Best,
    Richard Jap
    OpenClinica
    www.openclinica.com
  • smartinsmartin Posts: 145
    Re: [Developers] [Users] OpenClinica 3.1.2--Community is now available -- revised version (includes SQL files) HI Krister,
    The issue you are experiencing is the following shown in the localhost log.
    “SystemException: Copying files, Could not create direcotry: C:\OC\Tomcat\oc omcatopenclinica-web.dataxslt.”
    OpenClinica is smart enough that if it cannot create all the directories and files needed it will not start. This to me looks like it could be a badly configured filePath directive in datainfo.properties. I was wondering if you could provide your filePath directive, and webapp name for this deploy.
    Also the newly packaged 3.1.2 is now available on openclinica.com so can you also try that and let me know if you have the same issues? I will be sending out an announcement on a new thread to the lists later on today.
    Thanks,
    Shaun
    On 1/5/12 09:27 AM, "Krister Kristianson" wrote:
    Hi Shaun,

There seems to be a real problem with this distribution. It won’t even start in Tomcat when you follow the instructions in detail.

However, 3.1.1 deploys as expected in exactly the same configuration. The attached logfiles shows the failures approximately at 14:51 with 3.1.2 and the success at 15:20 with 3.1.1

Regards

Krister
    Hi Krister,
    Thanks,
    Shaun
    Hi Richard,

Thanks

Krister
    Hello Richard,

Best regards

Krister
    Hello All,
    Best,
    Richard Jap
    OpenClinica
    www.openclinica.com
    Greetings,
    format/accuracy
    with lots of rules)
    separate war files.
    login required).
    3.1.2:
    Best,
    Richard Jap
    OpenClinica
    www.openclinica.com
    Thanks Shaun, I will try the new install package before I dive into the other issues!

Regards

Krister
    Sent: 05 January 2012 15:39

HI Krister,
    “SystemException: Copying files, Could not create direcotry: C:\OC\Tomcat\oc omcatopenclinica-web.dataxslt.”
    OpenClinica is smart enough that if it cannot create all the directories and files needed it will not start. This to me looks like it could be a badly configured filePath directive in datainfo.properties. I was wondering if you could provide your filePath directive, and webapp name for this deploy.
    Also the newly packaged 3.1.2 is now available on openclinica.com so can you also try that and let me know if you have the same issues? I will be sending out an announcement on a new thread to the lists later on today.
    Thanks,
    Shaun
    Hi Shaun,

Regards

Krister
    Hi Krister,
    Thanks,
    Shaun
    Hi Richard,

Thanks

Krister
    Hello Richard,

Best regards

Krister
    Hello All,
    Best,
    Richard Jap
    OpenClinica
    www.openclinica.com
    Greetings,
    format/accuracy
    with lots of rules)
    separate war files.
    login required).
    3.1.2:
    Best,
    Richard Jap
    OpenClinica
    www.openclinica.com
    Hi Shaun,

The new distribution worked as it should right “out of the box”, thank you very much. I will start converting to it as soon as I have familiarized myself with it!

Regards

Krister
    Sent: 05 January 2012 15:39

HI Krister,
    Thanks,
    Shaun
    Hi Shaun,

Regards

Krister
    Hi Krister,
    Thanks,
    Shaun
    Hi Richard,

Thanks

Krister
    Hello Richard,

Best regards

Krister
    Hello All,
    Best,
    Richard Jap
    OpenClinica
    www.openclinica.com
    Greetings,
    format/accuracy
    with lots of rules)
    separate war files.
    login required).
    3.1.2:
    Best,
    Richard Jap