We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

How to extract global variables into a SAS data set

Hi,
I am extracting SAS data sets from XML files using proc CDISC (see the example code below), but I can only obtain the data that are in a CRF form (i.e., the ones with a SASDataSetName), and I can’t get the data for the global variables (e.g., on study date, treatment group). Could I have some advice on how to do this, preferably in SAS?

Thanks so much,

Minya

PROC CDISC MODEL=ODM
READ=XMLIMP
FORMATACTIVE=YES
FORMATN0REPLACE=NO
LANGUAGE="EN";
ODM ODMVERSION="1.2"
ODMMAXIMUMOIDLENGTH=20
ODMMINIMUMKEYSET=NO
USENAMEASLABEL=YES;
CLINICALDATA OUT=OUT.&DSET
SASDATASETNAME = "&DSET"
SITEREF=YES
INVESTIGATORREF=YES;
RUN;

Comments

• mpumpu Posts: 8
    Hi,
    I am extracting SAS data sets from XML files using proc CDISC (see the example code below), but I can only obtain the data that are in a CRF form (i.e., the ones with a SASDataSetName), and I can’t get the data for the global variables (e.g., on study date, treatment group). Could I have some advice on how to do this, preferably in SAS?

Thanks so much,

Minya

PROC CDISC MODEL=ODM
    READ=XMLIMP
    FORMATACTIVE=YES
    FORMATN0REPLACE=NO
    LANGUAGE="EN";
    ODM ODMVERSION="1.2"
    ODMMAXIMUMOIDLENGTH=20
    ODMMINIMUMKEYSET=NO
    USENAMEASLABEL=YES;
    SASDATASETNAME = "&DSET"
    SITEREF=YES
    INVESTIGATORREF=YES;
    RUN;
  • mx8866mx8866 Posts: 109
    Hi All,

I am not able to get the data for the global variables ( such as event date, treatment group...) from the SAS code below either. Can somebody give some help?

Best Regards,

May
    Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:32 PM
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]
    Subject: [Developers] How to extract global variables into a SAS data set

Hi,

Thanks so much,

Minya

PROC CDISC MODEL=ODM
    READ=XMLIMP
    FORMATACTIVE=YES
    FORMATN0REPLACE=NO
    LANGUAGE="EN";
    ODM ODMVERSION="1.2"
    ODMMAXIMUMOIDLENGTH=20
    ODMMINIMUMKEYSET=NO
    USENAMEASLABEL=YES;
    SASDATASETNAME = "&DSET"
    SITEREF=YES
    INVESTIGATORREF=YES;
    RUN;
  • Dear May (and Minya),

I’ve added a section on SAS to the OpenClinica User Manual, which includes a section on picking up OpenClinica Extensions (using the attached file) from the CDISC ODM 1.3 export file:
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenClinica_User_Manual/SAS

Hopefully the SAS code is easy to follow.

The PowerShell script section is for those that use Partial dates in the study or want to import the DESCRIPTION_LABEL from OpenClinica (rather than use the ITEM_NAME field). The PowerShell script is listed as text as to create a script file that others could run I would need to sign it (it may need some cleaning up as it’s my first script).

OpenClinica’s export to ODM CDISC XML produces ITEM_NAME as the Name field, arguably it might be better to export the DESCRIPTION_LABEL as that field instead. Does anyone know why the export was set up this way?

Hopefully this helpful. Please ask if you have any questions..

Yours,

Michael
    Michael Bluett
    Software Developer
    Tayside Clinical Trials Unit
    Mackenzie Building
    Kirsty Semple Way
    Dundee
    DD2 4BF
    Email (updated 9 Jan 2012): [email protected]
    Tel: +44 1382 420197
    Sent: 03 May 2012 14:58
    Subject: Re: [Developers] How to extract global variables into a SAS data set

Hi All,

I am not able to get the data for the global variables ( such as event date, treatment group...) from the SAS code below either. Can somebody give some help?

Best Regards,

May
    Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:32 PM
    Subject: [Developers] How to extract global variables into a SAS data set

Hi,

Thanks so much,

Minya

PROC CDISC MODEL=ODM
    READ=XMLIMP
    FORMATACTIVE=YES
    FORMATN0REPLACE=NO
    LANGUAGE="EN";
    ODM ODMVERSION="1.2"
    ODMMAXIMUMOIDLENGTH=20
    ODMMINIMUMKEYSET=NO
    USENAMEASLABEL=YES;