We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

OC i18n: French

Dear everyone,
Is anyone successfully using OC and calendar widget in French? with DD-MMM-YYYY?
I want my French-speaking sites to use DD-MMM-YYYY date (as my English-speaking sites), but cannot get the calendar widget to work after I make that change in the format.properties. I've read through the docs page dealing with i18n, and haven't been able to make it to good use troubleshooting...
So currently I am looking at not using the French calendar widget at all -- web UI displays the dates in French, but editing/data entry requires an English language date....
I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to make OC and calendar speak to each other, or example config files!
Tina

Comments

• Dear Tina,

The date widget issue is a known bug that should be fixed in 3.1.3 when it comes out:
    https://issuetracker.openclinica.com/view.php?id=10348 [requires registration]
    According to the issue, ‘A workaround is to change the browser language setting to English.’ (there is more detail in the issue)

Yours,

Michael
    Sent: 21 September 2012 07:35
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] OC i18n: French

Dear everyone,

Is anyone successfully using OC and calendar widget in French? with DD-MMM-YYYY?

I want my French-speaking sites to use DD-MMM-YYYY date (as my English-speaking sites), but cannot get the calendar widget to work after I make that change in the format.properties. I've read through the docs page dealing with i18n, and haven't been able to make it to good use troubleshooting...

So currently I am looking at not using the French calendar widget at all -- web UI displays the dates in French, but editing/data entry requires an English language date....

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to make OC and calendar speak to each other, or example config files!

Tina

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096
  • hhonshukuhhonshuku Posts: 50
    Hello Tina,
    i18n is much improved with upcoming OpenClinica 3.1.3 release. With 3.1.2, there are a few issues to workaround with. Since you seemed gone through the documentation, I was wondering if you could elaborate what exact problems you are facing with, so I can give you a better advice.
    Are you seeing correct French month names in pre-filled date field?
    Do you see French texts in the Calendar Widget?
    What strings the data field gets filled when Calendar Widget is used: Please give use a few examples.
    If you type French month strings, would OpenClinica accept?
    -Hiro
    On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 2:35 AM, Tina D Purnat wrote:
    Dear everyone,
    Tina
  • hhonshukuhhonshuku Posts: 50
    Dear Tina,
    My huge apologies. I just tried and it seems French calendar is not functioning with OpenClinica 3.1.2. I should say French calendar does work but OpenClinica 3.1.2 is expecting English date string so the validation will fail. The good news is we have a huge improvements on internationalization department with upcoming 3.1.3 release. We can't say when the 3.1.3 release will be but we are currently working so hard to make it happen as soon as possible. Thank you so much for your patience!
    -Hiro
    On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Hiroaki Honshuku wrote:
    Hello Tina,
    i18n is much improved with upcoming OpenClinica 3.1.3 release. With 3.1.2, there are a few issues to workaround with. Since you seemed gone through the documentation, I was wondering if you could elaborate what exact problems you are facing with, so I can give you a better advice.
    What strings the data field gets filled when Calendar Widget is used: Please give use a few examples.
    -Hiro
    Dear everyone,
    Tina
  • tdpurnattdpurnat Posts: 126
    Thanks, Hiro, for investigating and clarifying. I will look forward to 3.1.3 to test drive this configuration and will report back at that time!
    Best,
    Tina
    2012/9/21 Hiroaki Honshuku
    Dear Tina,
    My huge apologies. I just tried and it seems French calendar is not functioning with OpenClinica 3.1.2. I should say French calendar does work but OpenClinica 3.1.2 is expecting English date string so the validation will fail. The good news is we have a huge improvements on internationalization department with upcoming 3.1.3 release. We can't say when the 3.1.3 release will be but we are currently working so hard to make it happen as soon as possible. Thank you so much for your patience!
    -Hiro
    On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Hiroaki Honshuku wrote:
    Hello Tina,
    -Hiro
    Dear everyone,
    Tina
This discussion has been closed.