We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

controlling events OID's ending

Hi all,
I’m trying to make few studies with the same events and CRFs.
I want to control the event OID’s that I’ll can easily import the data by the PostGreSQL.
For example: I’m having ‘Rad 1’ and ‘Rad 2’ studies and ‘Radiologist 1-6’ events for each study. I need that the events OID’s will be the same but with different ending. For Rad 1 all Events OID’s will end with A (instead of the serial number it get from the system) and for Rad 2 all events OID’s will end with B (instead of the serial number it get from the system).
I thought I can do it by changing it at the postgreSQL tables but couldn’t find the right field for that.
Thx,
Omer

Comments

• Hi Omer,

The OIDs in OpenClinica are generated automatically, additional explanation about it you could find in the following attachment:
    https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/rules/oid-overview
    If you define all the events names in a systematic manner your OIDs will be defined the same. These OIDs are not serial numbers, they are based on the events name.
    Assuming you don’t want to perform changes in the code itself (and trust me you don't…) you have the following options:
    1. Define the events as Rad 1, Rad 2 …. The OIDs generated for the events names will be: SE_RAD1, SE_RAD2.
    2. If you don’t want the numbers to be at the end you could define the events this way: 1 Rad, 2 Rad …. The OIDs generated for the events names will be: SE_1RAD, SE_2RAD.

In any case the OID is generated initially when you define the event and won't be changed. You could trick the system by defining the events the way you want their OIDs to be and then re-enter the event definitions and update the event name.

Good –Luck!
    Liora Bosch - Hommfor
    Clinical Data Manager
    A. Stein - Regulatory Affairs Consulting
    Beit Hapaamon (Suite 102)
    20 HaTaas Str. (P.O.B. 124)
    Kfar Saba 44425 ISRAEL
    Tel: +972-9-7670117
    Fax: +972-9-7668534
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 11:49 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] controlling events OID's ending

Hi all,
    I want to control the event OID’s that I’ll can easily import the data by the PostGreSQL.
    For example: I’m having ‘Rad 1’ and ‘Rad 2’ studies and ‘Radiologist 1-6’ events for each study. I need that the events OID’s will be the same but with different ending. For Rad 1 all Events OID’s will end with A (instead of the serial number it get from the system) and for Rad 2 all events OID’s will end with B (instead of the serial number it get from the system).
    I thought I can do it by changing it at the postgreSQL tables but couldn’t find the right field for that.
    Thx,
    Omer
  • Dear Omer,

You’re seeing the random number (which you call the ‘serial number’) because the system is working to avoid issues with your similar names for things (OIDs are generated from those names).

I wrote some documentation about avoiding the issue here:
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenClinica_User_Manual/CRFandOIDissues#Naming_conventions_to_avoid_problems
    I ensure that the first 5 characters of the CRF name is unique – to do this you might have to change name like ‘Visit 1’ and ‘Visit 2’ to ‘1 Visit’ and ‘2 Visit’.

There’s also official OpenClinica documentation here:
    Looking at the way Event OIDs are generated, if you have long event names (e.g. ‘Very Long Name Multiple Choice questionnaire A’), you should ensure they are unique within 25 characters (the documentation states 28, but there’s an SE_ prefix). You can probably achieve some of this by prefixing your names with A or B, e.g. ‘A Questionnaire 1’ and ‘B Questionnaire 1’.

Yours,

Michael
    Sent: 10 December 2012 09:49

Hi all,
    Thx,
    Omer
    The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096
  • omerromerr Posts: 15
    Thx!
    Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 12:57 PM
    Subject: Re: [Users] controlling events OID's ending

Dear Omer,

You’re seeing the random number (which you call the ‘serial number’) because the system is working to avoid issues with your similar names for things (OIDs are generated from those names).

I wrote some documentation about avoiding the issue here:
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenClinica_User_Manual/CRFandOIDissues#Naming_conventions_to_avoid_problems
    I ensure that the first 5 characters of the CRF name is unique – to do this you might have to change name like ‘Visit 1’ and ‘Visit 2’ to ‘1 Visit’ and ‘2 Visit’.

There’s also official OpenClinica documentation here:
    Looking at the way Event OIDs are generated, if you have long event names (e.g. ‘Very Long Name Multiple Choice questionnaire A’), you should ensure they are unique within 25 characters (the documentation states 28, but there’s an SE_ prefix). You can probably achieve some of this by prefixing your names with A or B, e.g. ‘A Questionnaire 1’ and ‘B Questionnaire 1’.

Yours,

Michael
    Sent: 10 December 2012 09:49

Hi all,
    Thx,
    Omer
    The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096
This discussion has been closed.