We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

How to change subject OID to the same number as Subject number

kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
Hi,

I need help to change the subject OID for one patient. The hospital staff by mistake entered 7703 instead of 403 for one of the patients. I was able to change the subject number but the SS_OID still shows SS_7703. I have looked in the manual but I can’t find instructions to actually change SS_OID!

Regards

Krister

This e-mail (including any attached documents) is proprietary and confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, retain, copy or distribute this message, and we kindly ask you to notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and delete this message from your system. E-mail is susceptible to unauthorised alterations which may corrupt the message of the e-mail. e-Source Technology CDCM AB only sends and receives e-mails on the basis that e-Source Technology CDCM AB is not liable for any unauthorised alterations.

Comments

• pawernerpawerner Posts: 23
    Hi Krister,
    i've just begun to use OpenClinica but i think the only solution would be manipulating the SS_OID in the DB directly.
    SS_OID is a DB Key, when u change it be sure to change all dependencies in other tables as well.
    I have, right now, no access to the DB of our OC Installation. But i'll try later and will write further explanation if needed.
    As we are using postgres pgAdmin is the tool to use. This implies, that you have the autorisation and access to the DB. If not you have to contact your sysadmin.
    Maybe I'm totally wrong, so maybe another high experienced OC user can write some explanation to.
    Regards
    Patrick Werner
    Master Student - Medical Informatics - University of Heilbronn & Heidelberg
    Am 10.05.2013 um 11:33 schrieb "Krister Kristianson" :
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need help to change the subject OID for one patient. The hospital staff by mistake entered 7703 instead of 403 for one of the patients. I was able to change the subject number but the SS_OID still shows SS_7703. I have looked in the manual but I can’t find instructions to actually change SS_OID!
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Krister
    >
    > This e-mail (including any attached documents) is proprietary and confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, retain, copy or distribute this message, and we kindly ask you to notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and delete this message from your system. E-mail is susceptible to unauthorised alterations which may corrupt the message of the e-mail. e-Source Technology CDCM AB only sends and receives e-mails on the basis that e-Source Technology CDCM AB is not liable for any unauthorised alterations.
    >
    >
    >
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    Hello Krister,
    Why don't you create a new Subject with the StudySubjectID you want?
    And assign the Subject with the wrong ID to site "Test and Training"?
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I need help to change the subject OID for one patient. The hospital staff
    > > by
    > > mistake entered 7703 instead of 403 for one of the patients. I was able to
    > > change the subject number but the SS_OID still shows SS_7703. I have
    > > looked
    > > in the manual but I can't find instructions to actually change SS_OID!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Krister
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > This e-mail (including any attached documents) is proprietary and
    > > confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is
    > > intended
    > > for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient,
    > > you
    > > may not review, retain, copy or distribute this message, and we kindly ask
    > > you to notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and delete this
    > > message
    > > from your system. E-mail is susceptible to unauthorised alterations which
    > > may corrupt the message of the e-mail. e-Source Technology CDCM AB only
    > > sends and receives e-mails on the basis that e-Source Technology CDCM AB
    > > is
    > > not liable for any unauthorised alterations.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
  • agoodwinagoodwin Posts: 131 admin
    Hello,
    Currently there is no way to modify the OID through the UI. We don't yet support this functionality. We have talked about possibly offering an OID service in the future so that you could control your OIDs, but this would be in the future.
    Best Regards,
    Alicia
    On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Liz Robertson wrote:
    This might not be the answer you're hoping for, but we decided that monkeying with subject OID was pretty much a no-no here. In our case, back end data changes go against the processes we have in place that keep our data validated. Even if you aren't subject to 21 CFR Part 11, how much are you really allowed to change data at the back end?
    Where we've had errors, we've either noted them and handled them in programming at the end of a study or re-entered the data and removed the incorrect subject number.
    Liz Robertson
    Director of Data Management and IT
    TRACON Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
    [email protected]
    office: 858.550.0780 ext. 237
    cell: 760.481.5527
    Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 11:04 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] How to change subject OID to the same number as Subject number
    Hi Patrick,

You may be right but the manual talks about changing the OID SS_7703 but it does not work. I have full system access to the database but I prefer not to make any changes directly in PG.
    Lets hope we get a solution from OpenClinica LLC

Best regards

Krister
    Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 6:27 PM
    Subject: Re: [Users] How to change subject OID to the same number as Subject number

Hi Krister,

i've just begun to use OpenClinica but i think the only solution would be manipulating the SS_OID in the DB directly.
    SS_OID is a DB Key, when u change it be sure to change all dependencies in other tables as well.

I have, right now, no access to the DB of our OC Installation. But i'll try later and will write further explanation if needed.
    As we are using postgres pgAdmin is the tool to use. This implies, that you have the autorisation and access to the DB. If not you have to contact your sysadmin.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, so maybe another high experienced OC user can write some explanation to.

Regards

Patrick Werner
    Master Student - Medical Informatics - University of Heilbronn & Heidelberg

Am 10.05.2013 um 11:33 schrieb "Krister Kristianson" :
    Hi,

I need help to change the subject OID for one patient. The hospital staff by mistake entered 7703 instead of 403 for one of the patients. I was able to change the subject number but the SS_OID still shows SS_7703. I have looked in the manual but I can’t find instructions to actually change SS_OID!

Regards

Krister

This e-mail (including any attached documents) is proprietary and confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, retain, copy or distribute this message, and we kindly ask you to notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and delete this message from your system. E-mail is susceptible to unauthorised alterations which may corrupt the message of the e-mail. e-Source Technology CDCM AB only sends and receives e-mails on the basis that e-Source Technology CDCM AB is not liable for any unauthorised alterations.
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Hi Gerben,
    Yes we would normally have done this but the hospital only contacted us when
    they had keyed all the data and they did not want to re-key it. We looked
    into the instruction manual and found a way to change the subject ID. What
    it did not tell us was that the subject OID would remain unchanged :( ! We
    can obviously handle this by exporting the data as tab delimited text that
    uses the subject ID and not use you excellent Access tool!
    Best regards
    Krister
    -----Original Message-----
    On Behalf Of Gerben Rienk
    Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 8:34 PM
    Subject: Re: [Users] How to change subject OID to the same number as Subject
    number
    Hello Krister,
    Why don't you create a new Subject with the StudySubjectID you want?
    And assign the Subject with the wrong ID to site "Test and Training"?
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I need help to change the subject OID for one patient. The hospital
    > > staff by mistake entered 7703 instead of 403 for one of the patients.
    > > I was able to change the subject number but the SS_OID still shows
    > > SS_7703. I have looked in the manual but I can't find instructions to
    > > actually change SS_OID!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Krister
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > This e-mail (including any attached documents) is proprietary and
    > > confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is
    > > intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended
    > > recipient, you may not review, retain, copy or distribute this
    > > message, and we kindly ask you to notify the sender by reply e-mail
    > > immediately and delete this message from your system. E-mail is
    > > susceptible to unauthorised alterations which may corrupt the message
    > > of the e-mail. e-Source Technology CDCM AB only sends and receives
    > > e-mails on the basis that e-Source Technology CDCM AB is not liable
    > > for any unauthorised alterations.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
  • mgaintymgainty Posts: 18
    Krister
    have you had the opportunity to look into XSLT to convert your CSV to CDISC ODM XML

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenClinica_User_Manual/ImportingData
    ?
    Martin
  • kristiakesourcekristiakesource Posts: 133
    Hi Martin,

Thanks for the tip. No I have not looked at this possibility. It is probably not worth it just for one of over 200 patients.

Thanks

Krister
    Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 11:43 PM

Krister
    have you had the opportunity to look into XSLT to convert your CSV to CDISC ODM XML

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenClinica_User_Manual/ImportingData
    ?
    Martin
This discussion has been closed.