31 Dec 2018: Thank you to our knowledgeable and friendly forums users for another great year. We are aware of the uptick in spam accounts and are doing our best to ban these at first sight. Thank you for your patience!

Rule Designer: how do I express a not null value?

Hello,

I am trying to write a rule using the rule designer to insert a response given for one item to another item within the same CRF. I am having trouble with the expression. I think I just need to expression to read that the first item is not null and then use the insert action to take that item and insert it into the other item. I have tried the “nill” function but this does not seem to be supported by the designer. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Alecia Peterson
Lead Clinical Data Manager
Data Coordinating Center
University of Utah
801-587-7545
[email protected]

Comments

• tdpurnattdpurnat Posts: 126
    Have you tried:
    item ne ""
    ?
    ----------
    Tina D Dannemann Purnat, M.Sc., PMP, CCDM
    Skype tdpurnat | Office +49 89 38 03 89 67 | http://www.linkedin.com/in/tinadpurnat
    Why are my emails so terse? emailcharter.org
    2013/11/13 Alecia Peterson
    Hello,

I am trying to write a rule using the rule designer to insert a response given for one item to another item within the same CRF. I am having trouble with the expression. I think I just need to expression to read that the first item is not null and then use the insert action to take that item and insert it into the other item. I have tried the “nill” function but this does not seem to be supported by the designer. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Alecia Peterson
    Lead Clinical Data Manager
    Data Coordinating Center
    University of Utah
    801-587-7545
    [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.