We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Errors exporting data into SPSS

Dear all,
I have a question concerning the export of my 'dummy' OC database into SPSS. It is possible to create a dataset, however when I try to export the dataset to SPSS a message shows-up: "the extract data job failed with the message: for input string "3.9". More information may be available in the log files."
The funny thing is that the numbers change every time I try to extract the database. See attached Word file for a few sequential attempts. I was even more surprised when, after doing so a few times, a file was created (only once, there after the same errors occured) that could be opened in SPSS. All this seems quite strange to me.The same goes for Excel files. Extracting the CDISC files seems to work properly.
I'm using OC 3.1.4 and I'm just a simple MD without hardly any (untill recently....) background in computer science. Please help me out! :-) In the attachment the logfiles.
Thank you very much in advance.
Kind regards,

Robin.
Attachments:
OC errors gecomprimeerdII.doc 122 KB
openclinica.2013-11-18.log 52.4 KB

Comments

• tdpurnattdpurnat Posts: 126
    Probably a field ypu included on the extract has some character that the OC export engine doesn't like. The export works as a transformer of one data format into the spss, excel, etc. If the data format comong into the export contaons something the transform script can't handle, it will stall.
    This happened to me in the past whrn a Francophone site entered some special accented characters into a text field. This should work in theory, but it tripped us up.
    Your error doesn't like a decimal number value... Bit you would need to find out in which field.
    One way of trying to quick test is, try first to create a new dataset and tey to export it. If it doesn't work, then make a small fataset and keep trying if export works. Then add more fields and keep yesting if export works. This way you will eventually be able to deduce what field is causing the issue. Next step is to review the eCRFs and the data in this foeld, and try to figure out what is improper.
    This is long wonded, bit it is the only way to figure out what is the problem and how you can avoid it on future...
    Tina
    -----------
    Sent from my mobile. Writing short messages saves me keystrokes :-)
    On Dec 4, 2013 6:04 PM, "Robin Wijsman" wrote:
    Dear all,
    I have a question concerning the export of my 'dummy' OC database into SPSS. It is possible to create a dataset, however when I try to export the dataset to SPSS a message shows-up: "the extract data job failed with the message: for input string "3.9". More information may be available in the log files."
    The funny thing is that the numbers change every time I try to extract the database. See attached Word file for a few sequential attempts. I was even more surprised when, after doing so a few times, a file was created (only once, there after the same errors occured) that could be opened in SPSS. All this seems quite strange to me.The same goes for Excel files. Extracting the CDISC files seems to work properly.
    I'm using OC 3.1.4 and I'm just a simple MD without hardly any (untill recently....) background in computer science. Please help me out! :-) In the attachment the logfiles.
    Thank you very much in advance.
    Kind regards,

Robin.
This discussion has been closed.