We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Data Manager doesn't have correct permissions?

I've just reinitialized my test environment and am spinning up a new study. I added a subject and scheduled some events for him, but when i tried to edit the events, the system said I didn't have the correct permissions. I've been trying to find out what I had set to disable editing and found that I got the same message just trying to view the event definitions under the build study page. I'm set as Data manager for the study giving me the problem, and technical administrator in the system, plus root and I are the only two users in the system, so I'm not sure how I could have insufficient permissions. What's more, I tried doing the same thing in the default study and had no problem, so it doesn't seem to be a systemic issue. Does anyone have any idea what I've done to my study?

Brendan Yarmas,
System Manager
First Stop CBPD Corporation
Mobile: 301-917-7439

Comments

• LizRLizR Posts: 60
    This is a shot in the dark, but the best idea I have in this coffee-addled burnout-Friday state. Is the study status on the build study page Available? It prohibits some things if it's in design, but I can't remember what.
    Liz Robertson
    Director of Data Management and IT
    TRACON Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
    [email protected]
    office: 858.550.0780 ext. 237
    cell: 760.481.5527
    Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 1:30 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Data Manager doesn't have correct permissions?
    I've just reinitialized my test environment and am spinning up a new study. I added a subject and scheduled some events for him, but when i tried to edit the events, the system said I didn't have the correct permissions. I've been trying to find out what I had set to disable editing and found that I got the same message just trying to view the event definitions under the build study page. I'm set as Data manager for the study giving me the problem, and technical administrator in the system, plus root and I are the only two users in the system, so I'm not sure how I could have insufficient permissions. What's more, I tried doing the same thing in the default study and had no problem, so it doesn't seem to be a systemic issue. Does anyone have any idea what I've done to my study?

Brendan Yarmas,
    System Manager
  • byarmas-fscbyarmas-fsc Posts: 40
    Unfortunately it is available, one of the things prevented in the design phase is adding a subject, which I had to do to stumble on this problem in the first place. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Brendan Yarmas,
    System Manager

-
  • sookeyosookeyo Posts: 75
    Hi Brendan
    Which browser are you using?
    If its Mozilla then it might be the problem. And you may try internet browser and give us feedback
    Regards
    Sent from my Windows Phone
    Sent: ‎14/‎12/‎2013 01:01 AM
    To: Liz Robertson; [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] Data Manager doesn't have correct permissions?
    Unfortunately it is available, one of the things prevented in the design phase is adding a subject, which I had to do to stumble on this problem in the first place. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Brendan Yarmas,
    System Manager

-
  • byarmas-fscbyarmas-fsc Posts: 40
    I was using Firefox. I tried in IE this morning and no problems, then I tried again in Firefox and also no problems. Glad it's fixed but a bit baffled about what went wrong in the first place.

Brendan Yarmas,
    System Manager

-
  • sookeyosookeyo Posts: 75
    hi Brendan
    exactly... there are lots of issues when running OC on Firefox
    glad ur sorted
    regards
  • ccollinsccollins Posts: 378 admin
    Hi Seth,
    Can you describe the Firefox issues you're referencing or point to them in Jira? Most of our users use Firefox regularly. There were a few major issues when Firefox pushed an upgrade earlier this year that broke some older parts of the OpenClinica code but those have been fixed. If there are additional known issues it would be good to know about them.
    Thanks,
    Cal
    On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 2:33 AM, Seth Okeyo wrote:
    hi Brendan
    exactly... there are lots of issues when running OC on Firefox
    glad ur sorted
    regards
  • pherdpherd Posts: 18
    Why are you sending me harrasing emails... Please remove me from your emailing list.

Phill Herd
    Data Warehouse Manager
    email:[email protected]
    ext: 3007
    Sent: 13 December 2013 21:51
    To: Brendan Yarmas; [email protected]
    Warning: This message contains unverified links which may not be safe. You should only click links if you are sure they are from a trusted source.
    This is a shot in the dark, but the best idea I have in this coffee-addled burnout-Friday state. Is the study status on the build study page Available? It prohibits some things if it's in design, but I can't remember what.
    Liz Robertson
    Director of Data Management and IT
    TRACON Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
    [email protected]
    office: 858.550.0780 ext. 237
    cell: 760.481.5527
    Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 1:30 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Data Manager doesn't have correct permissions?

Brendan Yarmas,
    System Manager

********************************************************************************************************************
    This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
    sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
    Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:
    to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
    Thank you for your co-operation.
    NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland
    NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients
    NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere
    ********************************************************************************************************************
    Why are you sending me harrasing emails... Please remove me from your emailing list.

Phill Herd
    Data Warehouse Manager
    Sent: 13 December 2013 22:00
    To: Liz Robertson; [email protected]
    Warning: This message contains unverified links which may not be safe. You should only click links if you are sure they are from a trusted source.
    Brendan Yarmas,
    System Manager

-

Phill Herd
    Data Warehouse Manager
    Sent: 16 December 2013 14:50
    To: Seth Okeyo; [email protected]; Liz Robertson
    I was using Firefox. I tried in IE this morning and no problems, then I tried again in Firefox and also no problems. Glad it's fixed but a bit baffled about what went wrong in the first place.

Brendan Yarmas,
    System Manager

-
This discussion has been closed.