We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

OpenClinica 3.0.4 Performance Issue on Production Environment

Hello Ajay,
This is a belated reply but I hope it helps you maybe in the future. Since OpenClinica has several dependencies it is worth checking what your other setting for the other dependencies are.
If your Tomcat settings seem OK like you have listed them below here, it might be worth asking a few questions:
Does Tomcat and Postgres run on the same server? If not then remember there's some network move back and forth from the OpenClinica app querying the database on another host.
What other applications are you running on the Tomcat and/or Postgres server? This might sound a naive question but it is worth mentioning that if other applications are competing to for CPU resources then this will eventually affect the performance of the OC application.
How optimized is your Postgres DB server. One of the most common error that is realised with Java EE applications if the (OOME) OutOfMemoryError and once people have laid a solution for this, they might forget the database (back-end) altogether. In this case it might be worth looking at the suggestions given at http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenClinica_User_Manual/OptimisingPostgreSQL for Postgres DB optimization. The whole OC environment optimization manual is available at http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenClinica_User_Manual/Performance
I hope you find the information helpful. I am looking forward to hear how you solve your particular performance issue.
Kind Regards,
Caesar Olima
Sent: 02 December 2013 09:02
To: Rob Rittberg; [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Users] OpenClinica 3.0.4 Performance Issue on Production Environment
Hi Rob ,
I am not able to post on the forum any more , Can you please share my query on the forum please .
Or Can you guide me what settings i need to do to post on the form , I have posted many queries earlier but unable to do so now ,''
Thanks
Ajay
----------------------
Hi ,
I am facing severe issue on the production environment on tomcat performance , on the OpenClinica 3.0.4 version .
Details Are
-----------------
OpenClinica version - 3.0.4
PostGres -8.4
OS- Windows 2008
Tomcat Version -6.x
Java - 1.6
Study - 1
Subject - 780 Approx already entered , More to be added
Pages - 5000 + Same amount more to be added
Tomcat Configuration
-----------------------------------
-Dcatalina.home=C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0
-Dcatalina.base=C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\common\endorsed
-Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\temp
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\conf\logging.properties
-XX:+UseParallelGC
-XX:ParallelGCThreads=4
-XX:MaxPermSize=180m
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
Maximum memory pool -1280 .
Please let me know if any more details required .. Can any one help me on this .
Thanks
Ajay Kumar
On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Rob Rittberg wrote:
Hi Ajay,
I apologize for my slow reply, I have been on holiday (Thanksgiving). I did see your forum posts today and since I'm not proficient on the information you require, the community will be better suited to answer. Thank you.
Warm Regards,
Rob Rittberg | OpenClinica, LLC
Marketing & Communications Manager
Direct: 781.547.8416
[email protected] | www.openclinica.com
On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Ajay Jha wrote:
Hello RRittberg ,
My Posts are not sent to users so thought to share with you , Where as earlier i was able to post my querries . Can you please help me out on below issue .
Thanks ,
Ajay
----------------------
Hi ,
I am facing severe issue on the production environment on tomcat performance , on the OpenClinica 3.0.4 version .
Details Are
-----------------
OpenClinica version - 3.0.4
PostGres -8.4
OS- Windows 2008
Tomcat Version -6.x
Java - 1.6
Study - 1
Subject - 780 Approx already entered , More to be added
Pages - 5000 + Same amount more to be added
Tomcat Configuration
-----------------------------------
-Dcatalina.home=C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0
-Dcatalina.base=C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\common\endorsed
-Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\temp
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\conf\logging.properties
-XX:+UseParallelGC
-XX:ParallelGCThreads=4
-XX:MaxPermSize=180m
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
Maximum memory pool -1280 .
Please let me know if any more details required .. Can any one help me on this .
Thanks
Ajay Kumar
This discussion has been closed.