We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Question for lindsay.stevens but others are welcome as well...

Primary question:
Per your informative and thoughtful thread, https://www.openclinica.com/forums#/discussion/14914/am-i-missing-something-here
 about " The same situation
exists with CRF status [3] - it has to be divined from the source code.", which table(s) has/have invalid data about CRF status or their status is not actually being used, instead the OC web portal uses another set of code?
I'm particularly interested in the event_crf table.  Are the sdv_status data valid?

Secondary question:
I could be wrong... but I don't really see the value of Double Data Entry for data integrity/data quality, its overhead may be a burden... rather I would beg to say that we might be better off to ensure data quality at the very first entry via validation etc.  Or am I missing something for this industry?

Thanks.

Don

Tagged:

Comments

• lindsay.stevenslindsay.stevens Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    via Email
    Hi Don,

What I was refering to was that the event_crf.status_id (while relevant) is
    not what you see in the web app, if you were to join status on
    event_crf.status_id=status.status_id.

From the code I linked in the other thread, you can see that the status_id
    is one of a collection of data that determines what is shown for the crf
    status in the web app.

As far as I can recall, sdv status is fine because it is only ever true or
    false.

I agree with your skepticism about the value of double data entry.

Best regards,
    Lindsay
  • cra360cra360 Posts: 56
    Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for your informative follow-up.

Regarding SDV (Source Data Verification), I understand sdv_status is a bit column (value of 1 | 0).  When we update or close/complete an SDV the sdv_status is corrected updated to 1 but I'm not sure the data of WHEN this action of closing/completing or simply updating a SDV is captured somewhere, as far as I can tell, the Date_Completed nor the Date_Updated reflects such action.  Is such action capture elsewhere?  If so where?

Also, please watch out for a new thread about ITEM, ITEM_DATA etc. I'll be posting in a sec.

Best,

Don
    sorry two typo, 
    " corrected updated " --> " correctly updated" 
    the Date_Completed nor the Date_Updated reflects such action
    -->
    the Date_Completed nor the Date_Updated does not reflect such action
    Update:
    " the data of WHEN this action of closing/completing or simply updating a SDV is captured somewhere", I think I've figured it out...
  • lindsay.stevenslindsay.stevens Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Hi Don,

If you look at the code I linked, what is aliased as crf_sdv_status_last_updated is actually the most recent date from the audit_log_event table on an sdv status change event for that event_crf, because the sdv status date is not recorded in event_crf, only the current status.

Best regards,
    Lindsay
    Hi Lindsay,

When I said, "I think I've figured it out... " I was referring to the audit_log_event table :)

Cheers,

Don
This discussion has been closed.