We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Can CRF completed status be changed back to data entry started?

The documentation says that we can edit the data in a CRF even  when it's marked complete, but I haven't been able to make this work.  According to the documentation in the last Section of the "Entering Data for an Event into CRF's":

https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/openclinica-user-guide/submit-data-module-overview/enter-data-event-completing-crfs

"If all information has been entered for the CRF, select the Mark CRF Complete checkbox, then click OK in the confirmation dialog box. If a password is required, supply your password in the dialog box that opens. You can later edit the data in the CRF, even after marking it complete."

Since we haven't been able to edit the data already entered into the CRF, can we change CRF completed status to data entry started?

Answers

• lindsay.stevenslindsay.stevens Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    via Email
    It should be possible to modify the data after marking complete. What
    version of OpenClinica are you using?

If the study setting 'forced reason for change in administrative data
    entry' is turned on you will need to provide a discrepancy note for each
    item you change.

If you want to reset the status back to 'data entry started', it is
    possible by 'removing' the event, then 'restoring' it again. However this
    will un-mark complete all CRFs in the event.
  • koppelkoppel Posts: 2
    We are using OpenClinica 3.2.1.   When I try to "update study details" for our study, and hit submit, the changes do not persist.  I believe all of the required fields marked with asterisks are filled in.  In particular, turning off the setting "forced reason for change in administrative data entry" doesn't work ( it stays turned on).
  • lindsay.stevenslindsay.stevens Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    via Email
    maybe try adding a discrepancy note to the items you're changing before
    saving.
  • alfopcliossalfopclioss Posts: 37
    via Email
    Hi,
    in my experience, you can edit data even the crf has been marked as complete
    but you need to enter a reason for change in all changed data.

About to go back to data entry started, you can do that in two steps:
    - remove the crf (remove not delete)
    - restore the removed crf

in this way the status change from complete to started.

Hope this help.

Regards
    Alfonso
This discussion has been closed.