Rule Designer Now Open Source

Comments

• rrittbergrrittberg Posts: 109 admin
    Hi Dr. Pujari,

There is not currently a Rules Library but that is a great idea. Rules can have such a wide range of complexity that I'm not sure how this could be handled. Now that the Rule Designer is open source, I'm sure the community will not only enhance the tool but come up with some ways to offer either simple rules or templates for constructing more complex rules.

@rrittberg
  • mikeispandamikeispanda Posts: 3
    How to install this extension in my local computer..??

Thanks you
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭
    via Email
    You are not alone. I have also been trying to find this for several weeks by now.

Regards

Krister
  • toskriptoskrip Posts: 244 ✭✭
    Hi guys,

check my post above. You can deploy the designer next to your OpenClinica in Tomcat. You just have to clone the repository. Adapt the configuration files. Compile the war archive. I have it running without any troubles so far.

Tomas
  • mikeispandamikeispanda Posts: 3
    Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your reply, Can u explain how to compile the war archive..? 

Thanks before..

Mike

Tomas,

That is great news, however, for all of us who are not programmers or IT gurus your instruction is totally meaningless to us. I for sure would need a detailed step by step instruction!

Regards

Krister

Hi,

I know that preparing the development environment could be quite a quest for non IT person. I created Designer deployable archive (using java 1.6 jdk) which you can download at

Installation instruction under linux, in typical OC environment:
    1. chown -R tomcat Designer-1.1.war
    2. mv Designer-1.1.war /usr/local/tomcat/webapps (Tomcat automatically extract the archive)
    3. vi /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/Designer-1.1/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/spring/applicationContext-security.xml
    4. in this XML file you should find "oauth" element and adapt the accessTokenUri and user AuthorizationUri attributres to point to your OpenClinica instance
    5. vi /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/Designer-1.1/WEB-INF/classes/resources.properties
    6. in this configuration file the "allowHosts" property should include your OC instance hostname (something like: yourOCHostName:8080)
    7. vi /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/OpenClinica/WEB-INF/classes/datainfo.properties
    8. in this configuration file find the "designerURL" property and provide the URL to currently deployed Designer app. (something like: http://yourOCHostName:8080/Designer-1.1/)
    9. /etc/init.d/tomcat restart (restart your Tomcat)

Now everything should be up and running. Give it a try and if you run in some troubles feel free to ask.

best

Tomas
    via Email
    Hi Tomas,

Thanks a lot! I will try. I have a Windows server 2008 R2 environment but I guess I can deploy the .war file in a similar fashion as I deploy the OC .war files??

Regards

Krister
    Yeah, just deploy it the same way how it is done in Windows. Adapt the configuration files as described and restart the tomcat.

Tomas
    via Email
    Hi Tomas,

Sorry to bother you again. Two questions?

1) Under your instructions item 3 there should be a XML file applicationContext-security.xml but the only thing I find in the spring folder is webmvc.config

2) Under point 5 the file "resources.properties" contains just on line mostly with IP numbers and port numbers it seems. I would not know how to get it to point my OC instance. I attach the file. By the way my instance is at http://localhost:8080/OpenClinica

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Krister