We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Rule Designer Now Open Source

Comments

• toskriptoskrip Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    1) the webmvc.config is in 

/Designer/WEB-INF/spring/ 
    however for applicationContext-security.xml you have to look inside 
    /Designer/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/spring

2) if you are running OpenClinica at localhost you does not need to do any changes in resources.properties file because localhost:8080 is already specified within the allowHosts property. Actually you can delete the rest from the allowHosts because you does not need the other hosts (keep just localhost:8080 there).

FYI the Designer application was originally designed as software as a service. Which means that you can have one instance of the Designer and use it for multiple OC instances. When the Designer is going to be started from OC it check whether the OC instance hostname who invoked it is defined in this property and allow only this known connections.

Tomas

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭
    via Email
    HI Tomas,

I followed your instructions but something is wrong. Tomcat restarted but I can't get into the Tomcat Manager, it simply hangs indefinitely. Likewise if I try to start OC it just shows a blank page and I never get to the login screen. I checked the log files and I can't see anything wrong, but that just me. I attached them for your reference.

It's not so simple for an old Clinical Pharmacologist :) !

Regards

Krister
    Hi,

unfortunately the email attachments are not working can you please try to attach the config files and logs directly to the forum?

Also which version of Tomcat and Java are you using?
    Do you have enough memory on the computer? 

Tomas
    via Email
    OK I will try to attach the files directly to the forum. I'm running Tomcat 6.0.32 and the JDK 1.7.0. I should have enough memory, I'm running a 64 bit system with 6Gb RAM-

Now Tomcat does not even start!

Regards Krister

It does not allow me to upload the properties files and XML files

Sorry

Krister

via Email
    Hi Tomas,

I have to stop for today as I have a plane to catch. I will go through my installation tonight and tomorrow and try to find out why Tomcat won't start.

Best regards

Krister
    Definitely it is an deployment issue. When you remove the Designer from the webapps folder of Tomcat it should be able to start again.

The only thing which I can currently think of that can cause this is that the archive I prepared is compiled against JDK 1.6. Theoretically it should not be a problem. You can try the 1.7 version from

Tomas
    I checked your log files and it is clear. During the deployment the exception is raised (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space).

You have to increase the -XX:MaxPermSize option for your Tomcat VM settings. This is common issue when you have multiple application running within one tomcat instance.

You can read how to do this in OC documentation

via Email
    I actually discovered that and noticed that I had forgotten to make the changes. The problem was that after I did the changes Tomcat refused to start. When I was waiting for my flight I downloaded 3.3 and the correct Java, Tomcat and PosgreSQL version. I will try your .WAR file tomorrow morning.

Regards

Krister
  • mikeispandamikeispanda Posts: 3
    Dear Tomas,

Thanks for your "Designer.war" file and it worked...

Thanks you so much.. :D