Rule Designer Now Open Source

1234568»

Comments

• toskriptoskrip Posts: 265 ✭✭
    Hi Amir,

the Designer URL does not look correct... you may have not configured properly the designerURL property in datainfo.properties file of your OpenClinica installation. Please note that the instructions have been written for older version of OC. For new versions of OC the datainfo.properties file location changed. You have to edit the one that is in /usr/local/tomcat/openclinica.config/ folder. And it should look like:

http://yourOCHostName:8080/Designer-1.2/

"yourOCHostName" you have to replace with hostname of your server where you had installed OC system.

best

Tomas
  • kusyakkusyak Posts: 2
    Hi Tomas,

I have installed Rule Designer 1.2 next to OC 3.14 instance on UBUNTU 16.04
    I'm getting a standart page OK when I try direct connection in a browser to http://yourOCHostName:8080/Designer-1.2/
    ++Welcome to the OpenClinica Designer. To use the Designer, please login to your OpenClinica Enterprise instance and access the Designer via the Build Study or Manage Rules modules. If you have not registered, please register here. If you need assistance please contact us.++

But I'm getting an error message when try to run Designer from OC interface
    ++Uncaught Exception
    Sorry, we encountered an internal error.++

Picture from screen in attached file

Please help me

regards Vladimir
  • kusyakkusyak Posts: 2
    I found an error message in Tomcat log
    aug 06, 2018 6:33:48 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
    SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [Designer] in context with path [/Designer-1.2] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NumberFormat
    Exception: For input string: ""] with root cause
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
    at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:592)
    It seems app is awaiting an input as string with numbers.
  • toskriptoskrip Posts: 265 ✭✭
    This is just a idea but did you configure the Designer to allow connections from your OpenClinica instance? I am talking about the proper setup of allowHosts property in resources.properties config files of Designer.

Tomas