We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

2 Sites study using OC3.1.4 community edition

Dear All,

We set up a 2 sites study, the site hosting the OC is no problem for Entering data, the other site remotely accessing the software half way through was blocked after chose the event, then click "Enter Data" icon(see attached OC4.gif).

It seems not fire wall or access tomcat issue, but I am not  sure where I should check in the configuration files as I just took over this study, and didn't involve in the installation.

Would be really grateful if I could have some guidance on setting up multisite study especially how to configure the settings to enable the remote sites to successfully entering the data.

Many thanks,

Ching

OC4.gif 160.9K
Tagged:

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭

Hi Ching!

How have you set up the two studies? You should have two sites defined and no other definition of an external site has be done.

Your screen dump does ´not say what the problem is.??

Regards

Krister 

• chengy1chengy1 Posts: 9

Thank you Krister, I set up two sites as Data manager role on hosting server. the problem is the other site I specified when I set up was blocked after clicked the "Entre Data" button.

Please see attached the warning page. It seems after click "Enter data" button at previous page, system run a query (please see the top blue color panel of the website address) to trigger an event, but failed to find the link...

Best, Ching

Hi Ching,

From the browser page that you attached it seems that the the URL is wrong. The port number (probably 8080) is missing. It should follow immediately after the IP address i.e.

http://10.168.250.200:8080/OpenClinica/InitialDataEntry  etc . The error most likely is in the datainfo.properties file mot likely line 110, but that might be wrong as you are using an old version of OpenClinica, so it maybe another line in the vicinity  of line 110.

Cheers

Krister

Thanks Krister,

I tried, it seems not the port number 8080. stuck...

Best, Ching

Dear All,

I just had a try to change study/site to the remote site as data manger to mock some data entry. all the way data entry works fine. After I downloaded the database I only can see one record I just entered, can't see the other sites' 34 records . It seems the 2 sites of data is not saved in one database.

Is it supposed to work like this? the multisite study's data is saved separately in different database by their site?

Best,

Ching

Hi Ching,

You will be able to see the data from both site if you change the current study to the "core" study. You have to have a role with the permission to do this, i.e.." root" user.

Cheers

Krister 

Sorry, am new and self learning OC, how can I change the current study to the "core" study? I can log in as "root" user.

Thanks, Ching

via Email
    You will find this at the very top of the page. "Change Study/Site" just click here and follow the instructions!

Regards

Krister

thanks Krister, the remote site still can't "Enter Data".

Which part of the code needs to change to allow multi-site to access the application?

Any different settings in the code for single site and multisites study?

Or if I am going to reinstall the software, where I should pay attention to allow multisite access?

Best wishes,

Ching

Very peculiar. I have never heard of this problem before. I'm sure that you will save time by just setting up the study again following the manual in detail. I would also use the latest version. 3.3

Regards

Krister

This discussion has been closed.