We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Formatting Checkbox Response Options to Show in Multiple Rows

ARichieARichie Posts: 5
edited September 2014 in Study Build, Rules, and CRFs

This may be a silly question but...Does anyone know of a way to format a CRF so that instead of having checkbox response options spanning across or down a CRF they show up in two rows?

For example, instead of showing up like this:

Response1  Response2  Response3  Response4

They show up like this:

Response1  Response2

Response3  Response4

Post edited by rpetrusevschi on

Answers

• sookeyosookeyo Posts: 75
    via Email
    Hi arichie
    Your examples are the same, i don't see the difference. Explain further
    Regards

Sent from my Lumia Windows Phone

We have an item that has about ten response options. Instead of showing up in one long continuous row I was hoping there was a way to split them up so they show up in two rows of five (as I depicted in the example) so the site does not have to scroll the page over.

Hope that added some clarification

via Email
    Hi
    I when developing the e-crf under the "column" on items sheet, you may want to set colums to 1234512345 (for example) in that order that is if you want them to be of only 5 columns.
    Hope this help. If you could attach a screen shot i could give more help. Thanks

via Email
    Or you set the alignment column to vertical instead of horizontal... If they are response to one item.

These are the response options for one item.  I currently have them set to display horizontally.  There are a total of 10 response options.  Instead of having on row of 10 options (they are checkbox) either vertically or horizontally, I was trying to get the response options to display as two horizontal rows of 5.
    via Email
    Then my first suggestion would work... Set columns to 1234512345....in that order.

Thank you for your suggestions! I am afraid we are not understanding each other.  Setting the columns won't work, bc these are not separate items, but multiple response options for one item, that is a check box.

Have a great weekend!

via Email
    Hi,
    Use the column for "RESPONSE_LAYOUT" on the excel sheet and set it to VARTICAL istead of horizontal.
    Regards

Thank you, but that still does not resolve my question. In my original post I mentioned I wanted to avoid the list of responses spanning across OR down my CRF. Changing the layout to vertical would just make the responses span down my CRF. I am looking for a way to make them show up in 2 rows.  I am trying to eliminate excessive scrolling for our sites.

If there is a solution it will likely be a html formatting trick.

This discussion has been closed.