We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Long List in Repeating Group not working when using Administrative Editing..

Hello,

Anyone had issues displaying Long List in administrative editing data entry mode? However the Long list works in View data entry mode.

Thanks,
Janak
NIH/NHLBI

Comments

• sookeyosookeyo Posts: 75
    via Email
    Hi community,
    How can i implement this:
    -i have a repeating event where one of the items(variables) should appear only on the first instance, then the following repeating instances it should not appear, for example, in treatment, weight should only be taken on first day, then the remaining treatment visits, it should not be taken.
    regards

Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:25 PM
    To: Seth Okeyo
    Subject: [OpenClinica] Long List in Repeating Group not working when using Administrative Editing..

Hello,

Anyone had issues displaying Long List in administrative editing data entry mode? However the Long list works in View data entry mode.

Thanks,
    Janak
    NIH/NHLBI
  • sderiddersderidder Posts: 57
    via Email
    Hi,

Works fine for me in FF and IE 11, OC3.3. Which browser (and version) and OC are you using?
    Do you have more details? Does it also fail in regular edit mode? Does it fail to open the page which should contain the long list?

Cheers,
    Sander
  • haenselhaensel Posts: 602 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Please see my answer in your other post.

Regards,
    Christian
    sookeyo said:

Hi community,
    How can i implement this:
    -i have a repeating event where one of the items(variables) should appear only on the first instance, then the following repeating instances it should not appear, for example, in treatment, weight should only be taken on first day, then the remaining treatment visits, it should not be taken.
    regards

• janak.kalariajanak.kalaria Posts: 4
    sderidder said:

Hi,

Works fine for me in FF and IE 11, OC3.3. Which browser (and version) and OC are you using?
    Do you have more details? Does it also fail in regular edit mode? Does it fail to open the page which should contain the long list?

Cheers,
    Sander

Hello,

We are using FF and Version: 3.4.1. From the console log it seems like script is not even getting triggered in administrative editing mode. It works in View Mode. We are using the method 2 described here: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenClinica_User_Manual/LongLists .

Thanks
    via Email
    Hi,

I just tried in an OC 3.4.1 and encountered no problems. Would it be possible for you to send/attach your files (the CRF, the HTML and (part of) the xml)?

Cheers,
    Sander
    sderidder said:

Hi,

I just tried in an OC 3.4.1 and encountered no problems. Would it be possible for you to send/attach your files (the CRF, the HTML and (part of) the xml)?

Cheers,
    Sander

Hello,

Please see attached zip file: http://www.filedropper.com/baselinelonglist .

Thanks

via Email
    Hi,

Could you change the line
    var gIndex = myID.indexOf(gName);
    to
    var gIndex = myID.indexOf(gName.toUpperCase());
    ?

For me that did the trick with your CRF.
    The reason that it didn't work is because the identifier used by the group is uppercase and the name provided as gName is not. By adding the toUpperCase, it now compares uppercase to uppercase.

Let me know if it works and I'll update the wiki page.

Cheers,
    Sander
    Thanks that worked. But still odd that it worked in view mode.
    via Email
    Yes, so I checked, and here's what happens.

Code of interest:
    var myID = me.attr("ID");
    var gIndex = myID.indexOf(gName);

var gName = "Symptom";

In view mode, the field of interest has:
    myID = Symptom_0input56
    So in view mode gIndex will be positive and the rest of the popup code is executed

In edit mode, the field of interest has a different id:
    myID = IG_BASEL_SYMPTOM_0input56
    So in view mode gIndex will be -1 and the rest of the popup code isn't executed

By adding the toUpperCase() it is the other way around.
This discussion has been closed.