We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Create a Study Copy

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to create an automatic and identical copy of one existing study in the same server? We would like to have two different environments, with differents names but with exaclty Study information.

Thanks in advance!

Marina

Comments

• jmacminn1jmacminn1 Posts: 18
    Hi Marina,

I am not aware of a way to create an automatic copy of a single study within an environment. However, you can create a copy of your database (after creating the study) and restore it to another database. Have you seen this post on Trial Data Solutions on how to set up a test environment? 

I hope this helps!
  • toskriptoskrip Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    Hi,

it is possible but OC does not have this feature out of the box. You have to basically create a new study with the same events/form hierarchy. Than export all data from old study into CDISC ODM format.

Than you need to write script that process CDISC ODM file and register all detected subjects to the new study. Than script has to schedule all detected events for all subjects. And finally the script can import all data for subjects.

Clearly there is a lot of programming (using OC web services) involved... (I am currently developing web application which will have the possibility to do such import however it will take me some time to finish everything and get an approval to make it open source).

The other possibility is to export you existing study data in tab delimited format and use a desktop tool created by CTMM-TraIT group for data import:
    see the documentation here:

best

Tomas

• mllopismllopis Posts: 15
    Thanks to all of you! I will review all these posibilities, but I'm not sure if there are what we need. Sorry, maybe I didn't explain very well my issue. 
    We would like to avoid the manual creation of a new study, we would like to have the same "study structure" in an automatic form.

Thanks again!
    Marina
This discussion has been closed.