Error: Cannot get Open Clinica to work , getting listener error

I cannot get Open Clinica 3.4.1 to open using http://198.84.202.148:8080/OpenClinica.

Tomcat is installed properly but for some reason the OpenClinica folder in webapps folder cannot be accessed by the web browser..

I have attached the catallina.log files, I hope someone is able to help me with this.. Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• rmcbarnettrmcbarnett Posts: 2
    Can someone help me please?
  • libowenlibowen Posts: 13
    Same environment (jdk, postgresql, tomcat), openclinica 3.4.1 does not work but openclinica 3.3 works.

In the log file, "SEVERE: Error listenerStart"
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 749 ✭✭✭
    Hi,
    Did you check if user tomcat is the owner of the dir tomcat/webapps? If not, issue a 
    chown -R tomcat:tomcat 
    Hope this helps,
    Gerben Rienk
  • libowenlibowen Posts: 13
    The Error listenerStart is caused by postgreSQL authentication. I found out by adding the /WEB-INF/classes/logging.properties file

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].level = INFO
    org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].handlers = java.util.logging.Consol

There are two datainfo.properties files:
    C:\oc\tomcat\webapps\OpenClinica\WEB-INF\classes
    C:\oc\tomcat\openclinica.config

Change the dbPass field in both files and restart tomcat will solve the problem.
  • yogiyogi Posts: 22
    Hi,

i got the same error and only with Version 3.5. I´m wondering because if i rename the folder from i.e. webapps/dev-OpenClinica35 to webapps/dev-OpenClinica35.test it works and OpenClinica have an postgreSQL connection. The Logfile from Tomcat says "SEVERE: Error listenerStart". Makes this sence? I also searched for an second properties file but there issn´t one and i used the standard war file from the community edition.

I look forward that i find the mistake but i very interessed if someone else have same problems.

Best,
    Holger
  • ebsebs Posts: 112 ✭✭
    My understanding of the deployment is that the second datainfo.properties file is only created after the initial deployment of the web app is performed.

"Important change in 3.4: The first time you install OpenClinica you will configure datainfo.properties here: c:\oc\tomcat\webapps\OpenClinica\WEB-INF\classes\datainfo.properties. Consequent configuration changes SHOULD be made here c:\oc\tomcat\webapps\openclinica.config."

So you should do the following:
    1. Copy war file to webapps
    2. Start Tomcat
    3. Wait for it to be deployed
    4. Stop Tomcat
    5. Delete war file from webapps
    6. Change the datainfo.properties file in C:\oc\tomcat\openclinica.config
    7. Restart Tomcat
    8. Cross fingers for luck - optional step ;-)
    Hi,

ah ok thank you! I missed this information in my documentation. So now the problem is not solved because i think my infrastructure is not so simple.
    I have two tomcats on an centOS. I want to install openclinica in the following path /usr/share/tomcat6live/webapps/dev-OpenClinica35 so i deploy the war file in
    the webapps folder, ok. Then i setup the datainfo.properties file and restart the tomcat instance but i get the same error. And i can´t find any openclinica.config file in the folders.

I try to copy the datainfo.properties file in the folder ./tomcat6live/ and ./tomcat6live/webapps but this also don´t resolve the issue. An error of the userrights is not possible in my
    opinion because all rights are setup correctly.

is the User tomcat needed for openclinica since 3.4?

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
    Holger
  • ebsebs Posts: 112 ✭✭
    " i can´t find any openclinica.config file in the folders."

You should have the file /usr/share/openclinica.config/datainfo.properties - Note that openclinica.config is a directory/folder name.

Are there any relevant messages in any of the files in /logs?
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 749 ✭✭✭
    Hi Holger,
    I was only succesful in starting OC35 with tomcat7.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
    Hi Gerben,

oh thats an intressting fact. Thank you for this tipp. I will check that i can update the tomcat version.
    At the moment i can say that OC3.5 is starting but not with an other webbapp name than openclinica in tomcat6.

Thanks an best,

Holger