Error: Cannot get Open Clinica to work , getting listener error

Answers

• yogiyogi Posts: 22
    Hi all,

i think in OC 3.5 is an restriction by the naming of the tomcat webapp. I tested all the tomcat versions and the possiblitys. It looks like that the name of the webapp don´t have an "-" in the name because this brings OC in trouble. I can deal with that. I find this out where i´m studies the log files. OC creates some files (e.p. in folder: \WEB-INF\classes\org\akaza\openclinica) in runtime and if the webapp name includes an "-" than OC can´t find this files.

Kind regards,
    Holger Tiesler
  • Hi, i look in EVERY single folder, and datainfo.propierties doesnt exists. Im trying to install openclinica 3.7, its checked? Can i get 3.5 to see if that works to me? In webapps i only have "OpenClinica"
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭
    via Email
    Hi,

You should find datainfo.properties in C:\oc\Tomcat\openclinica.config

Regards

Krister
  • Thanks for the answer Krister, but its not there :( i have installed everything 3 times
    via Email
    I would download it again, obviously there is something missing in the .war file. I just tested to install 3.7 and it installed correctly with these two directories: C:\oc\Tomcat\openclinica.config C:\oc\Tomcat\openclinica.data

Best wishes
    Krister
    via Email
    One thing more. At this URL you can download 3.7.2 which will solve some prpoblems: https://dev.openclinica.com/distros/?C=M;O=D
  • Thank you very much! If it works i will share what was wrong
  • Excuse me if I'm bothering someone with so many comments.
    I think that openclinica.config it not being created because i got this error first:

INFORMATION : The Apache Tomcat Native library based on ARP that allows optimal performance in environments of development has not been found in java.library.path : C: \ oc \ tomcat \ bin ;

(Its translated from spanish, so it could be a little different)
  • lindsay.stevenslindsay.stevens Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    via Email
    That log message is there regardless of anything to do with OpenClinica. It
    is saying that the APR library was not found, which is an optional
    component of Tomcat.

Make sure you have the correct dependency versions: Java 7, Tomcat 7,
    Postgres 8.4. If you have more than one Java version installed, make sure
    the environment variable JAVA_HOME points to the jre folder.

Put the OpenClinica WAR in the tomcat webapp directory. Start tomcat.
    OpenClinica won't work, but during startup it will create a config
    directory in the tomcat folder for you. Stop tomcat. Update
    tomcat/openclinica.config/datainfo.properties with your database details.
    Start tomcat. It will take a few minutes to start, because the database
    objects are being created. Then go to http://127.0.0.1:8080/OpenClinica.
  • brthiemstrabrthiemstra Posts: 1
    Dear all,

During my OpenClinica installation following the exact steps on github i encountered the same problem as rodrigocampassi.

Following the instructions on the github page, I have succesfully installed Java 7u79 (removed my newer java version), Tomcat 7.0.68 and PostgressSQL 8.4.21 and followed all instructions to install OpenClinica 3.9.1 untill I encountered paragraph I:Configure the OpenClinica Application.

My database configuration in datainfo.properties looks like this:
    dbType=${postgres}
    dbUser=${clinica}
    dbPass=${clinica}
    db=${openclinica}
    dbPort=${5432}
    dbHost=${localhost}

And somehow OpenClinica doesn't start-up when visiting http://localhost:8080/OpenClinica/. I receive a "HTTP Status 404" and when i try to run OpenClinica in my Tomcat manager I get the message: "FAIL - Application at context path /OpenClinica could not be started". The catalina log gives me the listener error mentioned in the subject of this thread.:

Mar 20, 2016 2:56:57 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase validateJarFile
    INFO: validateJarFile(C:\oc\tomcat\webapps\OpenClinica\WEB-INF\lib\servlet-api-2.3.jar) - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 3.0, section 10.7.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class
    Mar 20, 2016 2:57:00 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.TaglibUriRule body
    INFO: TLD skipped. URI: http://code.google.com/p/jmesa is already defined
    Mar 20, 2016 2:57:01 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
    SEVERE: One or more listeners failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file
    Mar 20, 2016 2:57:01 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
    SEVERE: Context [/OpenClinica] startup failed due to previous errors

I think my problem is similar to rodrigocampassi, as the openclinica.config is not being created in C:\oc\Tomcat\ or at any other place on my computer. I have tried lindsay.stevens solution by putting the openclinica.war in the Tomcat webapp directory, but the openclinica.config file simply isn't being created when I start and stop Tomcat.

Does anyone know what I should try next? Or is this a familiar error in OpenClinica 3.9.1 and should I try to install a previous version of OpenClinica?

Thank you in advance for responding and kind regards,

Bart Hiemstra