31 Dec 2018: Thank you to our knowledgeable and friendly forums users for another great year. We are aware of the uptick in spam accounts and are doing our best to ban these at first sight. Thank you for your patience!

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP

Hi folks,

I'm trying to install OpenClinica 3.5 by following the wiki instructions, and I'm getting stuck with this error:

27-May-2015 21:16:11.040 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet 'pages'
27-May-2015 21:16:20.553 SEVERE [http-apr-8080-exec-3] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
 org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: [77] in the generated java file: [/usr/share/tomcat8/work/Catalina/localhost/OpenClinica/org/apache/jsp/WEB_002dINF/jsp/login/login_jsp.java]
The method getJspApplicationContext(ServletContext) is undefined for the type JspFactory

An error occurred at line: [94] in the generated java file: [/usr/share/tomcat8/work/Catalina/localhost/OpenClinica/org/apache/jsp/WEB_002dINF/jsp/login/login_jsp.java]
The method getDispatcherType() is undefined for the type HttpServletRequest

An error occurred at line: [402] in the generated java file: [/usr/share/tomcat8/work/Catalina/localhost/OpenClinica/org/apache/jsp/WEB_002dINF/jsp/login/login_jsp.java]
The method _jspx_meth_c_005fredirect_005f0(JspTag, PageContext) in the type login_jsp is not applicable for the arguments (IfTag, PageContext)

Has anyone been able to solve this?

thanks,
-G

Comments

• gabrielgrosagabrielgrosa Posts: 2
    To answer my own question: don't use Tomcat8. Works fine with Tomcat7 -- pay closer attention to the instructions.
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    via Email
    You got it!! Follow the instructions to the letter! :)
This discussion has been closed.