Integration of SAML 2.0 in OpenClinica

Hallo everybody

in TraIT we have been trying to integrate authentication and Single Sign On (SSO) using SAML 2.0 in OpenClinica.
TraIT is a Dutch project working on an IT-infrastructure for bio-medical research. The intention is to allow users to use their own institutions / university's accounts to sign in to the TraIT application suite;
 next to OpenClinica we also use other research applications for example XNAT, BMIA, Transmart etc. The Dutch University Network (SURFnet) already has a IdP facility (SurfConnext) which we can use.

To get OpenClinica working with SAML we are experimenting with plugging in different Spring beans; but unfortunately we did not get it up and running.

@Krikor: do you have any suggestions on how to tackle this problem ?  Is modifying / replacing the OpenClinicaUsernamePasswordAuthenticationFilter enough or
can we just add the Spring SAMLAuthenticationProvider to the provider list ?

Thanks in advance and regards,
Jacob

Comments

• agoodwinagoodwin Posts: 131 admin
    Hallo Jacob,

We've been reviewing a code contribution that came in for SAML integration.
    Here is the pull request: https://github.com/OpenClinica/OpenClinica/pull/49

You can see my comments on the ticket, but it breaks all other authentication/authorization models and only implements SAML. If this is something that can be addressed we would like to be able to include it.

Perhaps have a look at let us know your thoughts?

Thanks,
    Alicia
  • jacob.rousseaujacob.rousseau Posts: 20
    via Email
    Hallo Alica,

thanks for this information. I'm off for a holiday next week and only back on the 22nd of July. I'll have a look at the pull request then,

have a nice weekend,

regards, Jacob
    Sent: 10 July 2015 17:13
    To: Rousseau, Jacob
    Subject: Re: [OpenClinica] Integration of SAML 2.0 in OpenClinica

Hallo Jacob,

We've been reviewing a code contribution that came in for SAML integration.
    Here is the pull request: https://github.com/OpenClinica/OpenClinica/pull/49

You can see my comments on the ticket, but it breaks all other authentication/authorization models and only implements SAML. If this is something that can be addressed we would like to be able to include it.

Perhaps have a look at let us know your thoughts?

Thanks,
    Alicia
This discussion has been closed.