Please join your peers on either March 26 (8pm GMT) or March 28 (8am GMT) to watch as user extraordinaire and forum legend @"lindsay.stevens" demonstrates OpenClinica Insight.

See preview and register at https://openclinica.com/insight-webinar

Insight makes it easy to ask questions of ALL of your clinical and operational data and visualize answers via interactive reports and dashboards. The idea is simple, but the results are powerful: ask your questions, choose your visualizations, then return often for updated, interactive results that link you to all of the underlying data.

Integration of SAML 2.0 in OpenClinica

Hallo everybody

in TraIT we have been trying to integrate authentication and Single Sign On (SSO) using SAML 2.0 in OpenClinica.
TraIT is a Dutch project working on an IT-infrastructure for bio-medical research. The intention is to allow users to use their own institutions / university's accounts to sign in to the TraIT application suite;
 next to OpenClinica we also use other research applications for example XNAT, BMIA, Transmart etc. The Dutch University Network (SURFnet) already has a IdP facility (SurfConnext) which we can use.

To get OpenClinica working with SAML we are experimenting with plugging in different Spring beans; but unfortunately we did not get it up and running.

@Krikor: do you have any suggestions on how to tackle this problem ?  Is modifying / replacing the OpenClinicaUsernamePasswordAuthenticationFilter enough or
can we just add the Spring SAMLAuthenticationProvider to the provider list ?

Thanks in advance and regards,
Jacob

Comments

• agoodwinagoodwin Posts: 131 admin
    Hallo Jacob,

We've been reviewing a code contribution that came in for SAML integration.
    Here is the pull request: https://github.com/OpenClinica/OpenClinica/pull/49

You can see my comments on the ticket, but it breaks all other authentication/authorization models and only implements SAML. If this is something that can be addressed we would like to be able to include it.

Perhaps have a look at let us know your thoughts?

Thanks,
    Alicia
  • jacob.rousseaujacob.rousseau Posts: 20
    via Email
    Hallo Alica,

thanks for this information. I'm off for a holiday next week and only back on the 22nd of July. I'll have a look at the pull request then,

have a nice weekend,

regards, Jacob
    Sent: 10 July 2015 17:13
    To: Rousseau, Jacob
    Subject: Re: [OpenClinica] Integration of SAML 2.0 in OpenClinica

Hallo Jacob,

We've been reviewing a code contribution that came in for SAML integration.
    Here is the pull request: https://github.com/OpenClinica/OpenClinica/pull/49

You can see my comments on the ticket, but it breaks all other authentication/authorization models and only implements SAML. If this is something that can be addressed we would like to be able to include it.

Perhaps have a look at let us know your thoughts?

Thanks,
    Alicia
This discussion has been closed.