Rule Designer Open to All: No Registration Needed

13»

Comments

• lucamaulucamau Posts: 5
    this is the output from Task/Build Study page/Rules

• lucamaulucamau Posts: 5

• ebsebs Posts: 126 ✭✭
    I'd recommend reading through this thread for tips - https://forums.openclinica.com/discussion/15108/rule-designer-now-open-source/p1

Ensure that you have changed the other files as mentioned in the thread. Also check that you designer app in the URL is the same case as you have deployed.

I avoid using hyphens or dots in the designer app name. Keeps it simpler and I recall I hit an issue somewhere with them.

Thanks
    Eric
  • wael.makadywael.makady Posts: 2
    Hi there
    I have a problem that every time i try to use rule designer it navigate me to a link that say "Welcome to the OpenClinica Designer. To use the Designer, please login to your OpenClinica Enterprise instance and access the Designer via the Build Study or Manage Rules modules. If you have not registered, please register here. If you need assistance please contact us."
    I am using openclinica 3.14

Did you update the designer url in datainfo.properties? It should point to your local instance of Designer.

• Malcolm HartMalcolm Hart Posts: 7
    I've tried following the link to Rule Designer 1.3 (above) but the page it takes me to (https://designer13.openclinica.com) says:

"Welcome to the OpenClinica Designer. To use the Designer, please login to your OpenClinica Enterprise instance and access the Designer via the Build Study or Manage Rules modules. If you have not registered, please register here. If you need assistance please contact us"

The "register" link just takes me back to this page. The text shown above suggests that OC Rule Designer is not actually available to Community users as it suggests that I log in to my OC Enterprise instance. So, is Rule Designer available to Community members or not, and if so, how is it accessed?

If this thread is no longer valid then why is it still up here?

Thanks.

Malcolm
    Rule Designer is still available to the community but you don't point to the Enterprise service you have to install locally and point your OC to your local copy.

Did you go through all the steps mentioned in the other post? Specifically https://forums.openclinica.com/discussion/15108/rule-designer-now-open-source/p7

Does the value for designerURL in datainfo.properties point to your local implementation?

Cheers
    Eric
  • Marco1967Marco1967 Posts: 15
    Hi Malcom,

Your OpenClinica instance has to be accessible from the internet to use this link.

If your instance is not accessible from the internet then you have to download the designer source code from Github, compile it and install it locally. You can install it on the same server as you host OpenClinica on and then point the link to the path where your local designer is hosted.

Regards,
    Marco