PostgreSQL 9 support, again

2

Comments

  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    Cal, what is the status??
  • toskriptoskrip Posts: 243 ✭✭
    I think this behaviour needs to be analysed and tested. In other words, we need to find out what is missing from the export so that the proper issue can be raised in Jira for this. Ideal situation would be to reproduce it with the JUNO testing study. What is also not clear to me is whether the export is not working just for tabular data export or also for CDISC ODM XML export.... because OC creates always first the ODM version and tabular is created via the transformation of the ODM XML. What I want to say... if ODM is correct than the bug is in transformation (XML-> tabular) part.

    @skwaler would it be possible for you to do more testing in order to find out what is actually failing there?

    T
  • skwalerskwaler Posts: 37
    I have done some testing around this issue.
    See here for what i found.

    https://forums.openclinica.com/discussion/16113/xml-to-ms-access-not-working-in-3-11

    Essentially in some cases (seems to happen as the data set definition gets large) the XML extract would being to enclose each in a new . Rather than all contained in a single group.

  • skwalerskwaler Posts: 37
    Does anyone have a copy of JUNO running on PGSQL 9.5?
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    This is a strange.....how doe the OC team feel about this? Cal, Krikor, any comments??
  • ccollinsccollins Posts: 361 admin
    via Email
    @kristiak, as was mentioned, postgres 9 support was added in v3.10. It's
    still pretty new so the more testing and detailed reports that are shared
    by those adopting it the faster any issues with migration, configuration,
    or usage can get ironed out. Code contributions/bugfixes are great too!

    @skwaler, can you provide any more details on the problems you're seeing
    with extracts? Have you seen the ODM ItemGroup issue on more than one study
    and/or database? You said you don't always see it, which ones are working?
    Was that database an upgrade from a prior postgres 8 system?

    Please add detail to this thread or issue
    https://jira.openclinica.com/browse/OC-7022

    Thanks,
    Cal
  • skwalerskwaler Posts: 37
    Cal,

    I have seen it this on 3 different OC instances. some upgraded, some vanilla OC3.11 PGSQL 9.5

    As mentioned in my other thread it seems to happen as the items in a dataset grows larger.

    Are the JUNO CRFs available somewhere, I could test with them myself.
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    On a small dataset with only two patients I get the same error as I got on my 500 patient database: "WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 1. Process returned exit code 1."
    I have attached the log files for those who can interpret them.
    This was an export from OC 3.6 to 3.12 running PG 9.5 and Tomcat 7.0.61, the backup that I tried to restore was from a regular PG 8.4 dump backup

    The OC 3.12 database seems to be OK, I have no idea where from the error comes.

  • skwalerskwaler Posts: 37
    @kristiak It is likely an error caused by a role name not being defined on the 9.5 server. Check the output when you restore the database.
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    @skwaler I'll check that!
Sign In or Register to comment.