Importing from ODM XML, OC timeout error

Hi all,

I am wondering if anybody tried to import data to OC using the Tasks/Import Data option and had a server timeout.
Could anybody advise a maximum size for and ODM XML? (I tried to import data against 20 items for 300 patients, so I had about 6000 datapoints an OC was not able to deal with it.)

Regards,

Csaba
Tagged:

Comments

• igalchukigalchuk Posts: 8 mod
    via Email
    Hi Csaba,

How long does it take until the request times out and what is the error? It
    might the proxy timeout setting that can be adjusted. Also, what is the
    file size?

Regards,
    Iryna

Iryna Galchuk
    Application Support Engineer II
    OpenClinica, LLC
    460 Totten Pond Road, Suite 200
    Waltham MA 02451

Main: (617) 621-8585 x714
    igalchuk@openclinica.com
  • toskriptoskrip Posts: 247 ✭✭
    Hey,

long time ago somewhere (don't remember where it was) I read that it is reasonable to split ODM XML into files that contains max 50 subjects per file. When I perform data imports over web service, I normally do it patient by patient only.

Tomas
  • Hi Iryna,
    The request timed out after 30 minutes and my xml file was approx 350 KB.

Hi Tomas,
    Thank you for your your suggestion. Will have a look at it.
  • parlayanparlayan Posts: 139
    It is recommended to split ODM XML files with max. 75 subjects per file. This worked allways in several of our studies - regardless of number of items in CRF's, etc. We came across this issue first in 2010 while we were developing OCDataImporter. In several occasions we have reported this to Boston guys, but apperantly it is still not solved. The problem: OC produces too many lines of information to fit in one browser page. Solution: Present an option to allow user to supress that information, or even better, display only one line which says "successful end" in case no errors are encountered.