31 Dec 2018: Thank you to our knowledgeable and friendly forums users for another great year. We are aware of the uptick in spam accounts and are doing our best to ban these at first sight. Thank you for your patience!

Hide a field

Hi,

I have a "Vital Sign" CRF in each event of my study (Baseline, Follow-up 1, 2...). I'm asking for the height in Baseline but I don't want that question to show in the other events. Is there a way to hide this field based on the event ?

Thank you,

Romain.

Comments

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Hi Romain,
    You set it to HIDE by default and show it with a ShowAction, where the target is specified as EventOIDOfBaseline-FormOID-ItemGroupOID-ItemOID. This target-item must be one of your required items, for example Weight, and the expression must always be true, for example:
    WeightOID gt 0
    The DestionationProperty of the ShowAction is the HeightOID.
    Then it will only be shown at Baseline.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
  • RCHENURCHENU Posts: 204
    Thank you Gerben.
    Is it possible to have this kind of behaviour at the opening of the CRF ? Can a rule be triggered by clicking on a CRF ?

Thank you,

Romain.
  • ccollinsccollins Posts: 378 admin
    via Email
    Hi Romain,
    You could also use different default versions of the CRF in different
    events, Baseline version with the height question, others without.
    Cal
    Thank you for your answer.

I'm not a big fan of having multiples versions of a CRF for 2 reasons:
    1. A user can switch from 1 version to another on purpose or not.
    2. Variable name change for every CRF version and that not very easy to use for rules, data export, analysis, and have to be merge every time.

Thanks anyway.
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    Hi Romain,
    Further to your question: no, I'm afraid it is not possible to run the show-hide-action when opening the CRF. Perhaps you can use a required item as target and thereby trigger the actions.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
    Thanks Gerben for your answer.

Romain.