Please join your peers on either March 26 (8pm GMT) or March 28 (8am GMT) to watch as user extraordinaire and forum legend @"lindsay.stevens" demonstrates OpenClinica Insight.

See preview and register at https://openclinica.com/insight-webinar

Insight makes it easy to ask questions of ALL of your clinical and operational data and visualize answers via interactive reports and dashboards. The idea is simple, but the results are powerful: ask your questions, choose your visualizations, then return often for updated, interactive results that link you to all of the underlying data.

Getting the row id for a grid

jguptajgupta Posts: 27
edited June 2016 in Developer Mailing List
How do I get the row id for the Grid, when I add a row to grid. Is there any way to get this information.
Something like image shown below.

Comments

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 763 ✭✭✭
    Hi,
    We have a solution for this, but it requires some scripting. I attach a sample crf with the code.
    The scripts writes an autonumber, whenever something is keyed in in any
    input of the table. (If you only have select and/or radio's, you must modify
    the listener accordingly.) What you must do if you want to use the script in
    your own table is set the proper groupName in var groupName =[your very own
    groupname here]".
    Furthermore in the script a prefix is defined, now #, but that can of course be anything or nothing.
    It may look a bit much for just a few numbers, but you can use this
    construction also in a CRF with more than one table.
    When I have time I will write a page about it with some more explaining, but for now I hope you can use this as a startingpoint.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
  • jguptajgupta Posts: 27
    Thanks! Gerben,
    Sincerely appreciate your help with this.
    Best regards,
    Jigyasa
    Thanks! your solution works great. Appreciate all your time and help with this issue.
    Best regards,
    Jigyasa
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 763 ✭✭✭
    Finally I managed to write that page:
    http://www.trialdatasolutions.com/tds/howto/rownumber.jsp
    This is awesome. Thanks a ton for helping me with this.
    Best regards,
    Jigyasa