Clinical data REST requests and the 'AdminData' node missing in the result

Hi,

I am using XML REST requests to retrieve (a) clinical data for groups of subjects, as well as (b) study metadata, and also (c) user data (in the /ODM/AdminData node). Because of the large size of some of our studies, and the resulting slowness of these requests, it is useful for me to be able to retrieve these three things in one go.

When retrieving data for an entire study (using the /Study_OID/*/*/* pattern), the 'AdminData' node is returned. However for some reason, when retrieving data for one site in the study (using the /Site_ID/*/*/* pattern) the 'AdminData' node is missing.

My question is: is there any way of forcing the 'AdminData' node to be returned for site-specific requests? Failing that, is there a (fast) request I can make that retrieves the 'AdminData' node for the entire study, without having to retrieve the entire clinical dataset as well?

PS: I am using the XML version of the REST requests because I use XSLT to transform the result for our purposes.

Thanks
Richard Welsh

Comments

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Hi Richard,
    Is http://youropenclinica.server/yourocinstance/DownloadStudyMetadata?studyOid=S_TDS01 of any use in your case?
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
  • toskriptoskrip Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Hi,

I think that it is a bug (not returning AdminData for site request). You can create a ticket for it in Jira. You can also get this info by retrieving study metadata via SOAP. Or if you want to stick with the REST you can just make a request for first patient in your site, the AdminData element should be present than and you just combine results fro these two requests together.

best

Tomas
  • Richard WelshRichard Welsh Posts: 13
    Gerben,

Yes, thanks! The DownloadStudyMetadata request will help. I can quickly call that just prior to a site request to make sure I have the latest contents of the AdminData node. I didn't know about that URL, can you let me know if & where it is documented and if there are other similar requests I can make?

Tomas,

I will raise it as a bug in Jira, thanks. I did consider your idea of doing a subject request for the first subject in the study, but I may not be in a position to know the subject ID, so I think Gerben's suggestion is more useful to me.

Anyway, thanks both for your responses!

Richard
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Hi Richard,
    It appears I use the old-fashioned way. More up to date is described at
    https://dev.openclinica.com/apidoc/#api-Study-GetODM and that is basically
    rest/metadata/xml/view/S_YourStudyOID
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk