repeatable group for hundreds or thousands of entries

hello,

is it possible to have repeatable groups that are going to be populated with hundreds or even thousands of value "rows"? we would need that to enter sample data (manually) gathered per subject over one or more days.

i'm concerned about the performance in such sceanrio, i.e. if the OC CRF data entry UI ist still usable (no rules etc.). did somenone ever tried this, and can share experiences?

regards, rene

Comments

• mvirtosumvirtosu Posts: 266
    Hi there,

I don't believe we have ever had thousands of row in a repeating group, but here is a suggestion: create a repeating event where each event occurrence is a day and that way you will have only one day's worth of data on each CRF/repeating group.

Hope this helps,

Mihai
  • rkrennrkrenn Posts: 5
    thx Mihai for re,

this Magnitude of sample data is for a single day already, e.g. measurements every 3 minutes for ten hours results in 200 tuples (rows). now each row will have at least 5 params (columns), so the per day volume of values literally is 1k.

i didnt try yet myself, but i got concerns, since from other sources i read one crf "tab" should not show more than 40 values for a smooth Operation of the "save" button. there will be problems if correcting a single value takes minutes to save, if all the form's (tab's) values are processed.

regards, rene