Need urgent help on large dataset extraction

RCHENURCHENU Posts: 179
edited August 2016 in Extracting & Reporting
Hi,

I try to create a dataset but it's not working:

1. I click on "Proceed to create a dataset"
2. Then "Select all items in study". (30222 items and only 1 patient so far)
(Then the page loads for a very long time ! - I do wait for the page to fully load)
3. After loading, I click on "Save and Define Scope" and at this time, I have no error message and I'm automatically getting back to the "Proceed to create a dataset" page

There is absolutly nothing in the log.

Can you please tell me what to check and what parameters I have to change ?

Thanks a lot for your fast answer.

Romain.

Post edited by RCHENU on

Comments

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    Hi Romain,
    Could this be the same as https://jira.openclinica.com/browse/OC-2056 where tomcat-parameters has been limited to 10.000 ? If so you can try to follow the method described to increase maxParameterCount.
    However I can imagine that the analysis-team would prefer this huge block of data chopped up.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
  • RCHENURCHENU Posts: 179
    @Gerben,
    Thanks for your reply.

I've already changed my server.xml file, so this is not the issue. And I don't have any error message anyway.

Does it mean that it's not possible to extract all data at once for a big study ?
    Do you think I have to change another parameter ?

Is it possible in a next version to build an extraction, choosing data event by event and not CRF by CRF for each event ? I'm really stuck right now.

Thank you,

Romain.

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    Hi Romain,
    Did you also look at the postgres-logs? On rare occassions something goes wrong there without proper feedback to the application.
    Gerben Rienk
    Thanks Gerben, I'm gonna look tomorrow morning at the postgres-logs. Maybe there is something there.

When I go Event by Event and CRF by CRf, total items for the whole study is 10548.
    When I do the "Select all items in study" (the method that doesn't work), I have 30222. Do you know why ?

Thanks,

Romain.

@GerbenRienk , can you tell me where and which logs to look at ?
    Thanks.

Romain.
  • Csaba.HalmagyiCsaba.Halmagyi Posts: 52
    Hi Romain,

You can find the Postgres logs under /opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/pg_log

Regards,
    Csaba
    Thanks. Logs are empty :-/
    Hi everyone,

Coming back to this issue: I updated today a lot of my CRFs so I had to upgrade my extraction. Unfortunatly, as it is a big study, I wanted to use the link "add all items in the study" but it doesn't work, I have the same error message that I described at the beginning of this thread (After loading, I click on "Save and Define Scope" and at this time, I have no error message and I'm automatically getting back to the "Proceed to create a dataset" page).

Please what can I do ? All my daily scripts depend on that extraction and I really need to update it ?
    Any idea, it is quite urgent...

thanks,

Romain.

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭
    When you say "updated" do you mean updated the data or updated the CRF design?
    edited July 17
    For many CRFs, new variables have been added...