Please join your peers on either March 26 (8pm GMT) or March 28 (8am GMT) to watch as user extraordinaire and forum legend @"lindsay.stevens" demonstrates OpenClinica Insight.

See preview and register at

Insight makes it easy to ask questions of ALL of your clinical and operational data and visualize answers via interactive reports and dashboards. The idea is simple, but the results are powerful: ask your questions, choose your visualizations, then return often for updated, interactive results that link you to all of the underlying data.

Import CRF Data via WebService



  • yogiyogi Posts: 25
    edited November 2016
    Hi Tomas,

    thanks for comment. Okay lets start with Analyse. I wrote some Facts before but here are a complete overview:

    ODM XML: Import via Openclinica runs perfectly (ODM XML see the download from Gerben, it was my example for my instance)

    User that i used in soap is "root" same i try the Import in openclinica it self. The User root has all needed rights. The instance of openclinica is only for my try to Import some data, absolutly dev instance.

    I used the tool SoapUI to try the Import via webservice. At first i try to read out some Facts (like study Name, Subjects). This works fine. Than i try to write some data to Openclinica with Soap. User is root, same like befor in the other Project to read. Same instance. I don´t if you are confirm with that tool "SoapUI". I will post here the code, how i try to Import. (see zip file)

    i get an error from SoapUI

    <importDataResponse xmlns=""> <result>Fail</result> <error>Your XML is not well-formed.</error> </importDataResponse>

    And know the question, why is it not well formed? it is the same that i try befor in openclinica it self. And there are no Connection Problems from soapUI to Openclinica ws. And why is the Data Response vom :| I see this the first time in this moment. Is it possible that i try to Import to :D

    Thanks! Best,
  • toskriptoskrip Posts: 255 ✭✭ is just a namespace... it should be fine

    try this:
    - in ClinicalData element change MetaDataVersionOID attribute to MetaDataVersionOID="v1.0.0"
    - remove OpenClinica:StartDate attribute from the second StudyEventData occurrence
    - remove OpenClinica:Status attribute from the second StudyEventData occurrence
    - remove OpenClinica:Version attribute from the FormData in the second StudyEventData

    you may try to compact the XML (remove the tabs and other white space characters)


  • yogiyogi Posts: 25

    after some very hard hours i got it. I have found the way to import Data via SOAP for me. Some of the Tag´s were wrong. I´m wondering becaus in the documentation of OC there have to be there (one ODM Tag with big letters, no CDATA Tag..). Anyway, it is working now.

    <div class="AlignCenter"><div class="AlignLeft"><soapenv:Body>
    	<ClinicalData StudyOID="S_ZKSJ0101_4805" MetaDataVersionOID="v1.0.0">
    		<UpsertON NotStarted="true" DataEntryStarted="true" DataEntryComplete="true"/>
    			<SubjectData SubjectKey="SS_TRDE0100_8348">
    				<StudyEventData StudyEventOID="SE_TARC" StudyEventRepeatKey="1">
    					<FormData FormOID="F_TEST_TARC1_02">
    						<ItemGroupData ItemGroupOID="IG_TEST__UNGROUPED_6071" ItemGroupRepeatKey="1" TransactionType="Insert">
    							<ItemData ItemOID="I_TEST__TARC_ASS_D" Value="2016-10-24"/>
    							<ItemData ItemOID="I_TEST__TARC_ASS_N" Value="0001"/>
    Thanks at all and special at Gerben, because i found the way with your access tool :# B)

Sign In or Register to comment.