Schedule csv notes extraction

Comments

• RCHENURCHENU Posts: 155
    I reboot tonight and it doesn't work anymore. Please find attached the logs file.
    I hope you can help....

Romain.

edited March 13
    When I stop and restart tomcat, sometimes it works for one of the instance (test or production) and sometimes it works for none

In the catalina.out log there is this line:
    INFO: validateJarFile(/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/octest/WEB-INF/lib/servlet-api-2.3.jar) - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 3.0, section 10.7.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class

Is it normal ?
    Hello,

To keep you inform, even when I install the very first back-up of the VM (the one just before going into production), I have the same error (with or without re-uploadind the up-to-date database / openclinica.data backups). It seems to work the first time and then when I reboot, it doesn't work anymore or work for only one instance...
    I'm lost and it's a bit confusing. Do you have any idea what I should do ? Do I have to delete something somewhere or change some properties ? Otherwise all other features are ok
    Please, any help welcome....

Romain.

• haenselhaensel Posts: 530 ✭✭
    Hi Romain

This is still the same error. OC still can't load the properties.
    Does OC work normally when you use it as a normal user?
    If so can you first login using the web browser before you try your extraction script. Maybe this initializes the properties correctly.

Regards,
    Christian
    Hi Romain
    RCHENU said:

In the catalina.out log there is this line:
    INFO: validateJarFile(/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/octest/WEB-INF/lib/servlet-api-2.3.jar) - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 3.0, section 10.7.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class

Is it normal ?

It shouldn't be. This error means that the servlet-api-2.3.jar shipped with OC is in conflict with the default servlet-api.jar that is shipped tomcat already.

Regards,
    Christian
    All my tests were done by loging to the web browser and trying to download manually the notes.
    The problem is not with the script.
    When I click the dowload arrow, I have a 500 error (with all the java log description), if I click again, I have a 404 error and if I click again I have the generic openclinica webpage error, 404 not found.

Do I have to change something in the properties file ? Because Tomcat seem slost when rebooting

It shouldn't be. This error means that the servlet-api-2.3.jar shipped with OC is in conflict with the default servlet-api.jar that is shipped tomcat already.

Regards,
    Christian

So do I have to change something ?

RCHENU said:

So do I have to change something ?

It is just an info message an no real ERROR so you don't need to unless you want to get rid of it.

Regards,
    Christian
    edited March 14
    I'm sorry I can't help you with this.

this is the line where the error is thrown
    return resBundleSetMap.get(localeMap.get(Thread.currentThread())).get(name);

so one of the following options returns null
    1. localeMap.get(Thread.currentThread())
    2. resBundleSetMap.get(localeMap.get(Thread.currentThread()))
    Normally the updateLocale Method should be called automatically and initialize it all properly.
    So my guess is to call the right Servlet (e.g open the subject matrix, or open a CRF) will initialize it correctly and afterwards the DiscrepancyNoteOutputServlet will work as expected.
    So please try to use OC like a normal user would do before trying to export the notes.

You definitely should report this as an error.

Regards,
    Christian
    edited March 14
    For everybody else interested in this.
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.akaza.openclinica.i18n.util.ResourceBundleProvider.getResBundle(ResourceBundleProvider.java:130)
            at org.akaza.openclinica.i18n.util.ResourceBundleProvider.getTermsBundle(ResourceBundleProvider.java:85)
            at org.akaza.openclinica.control.extract.DiscrepancyNoteOutputServlet.makeDiscrepancyNoteTypesDecoder(DiscrepancyNoteOutputServlet.java:165)
            at org.akaza.openclinica.control.extract.DiscrepancyNoteOutputServlet.<init>(DiscrepancyNoteOutputServlet.java:174)
    The above error stack clearly shows that the ResourceBundleProvider is called as a result of the DiscrepancyNoteOutputServlet constructor.
    The updateLocale method of the ResourceBundleProvider (that initializes the ResourceBundleSet) is called from the parent SecureController#processRequest method afterwards.
    To workaround this bug it is necessary to initialize the ResourceBundleProvider before the DiscrepancyNoteOutputServlet is called. Maybe someone else knows an clever way to accomplish this.

Regards,
    Christian