We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Rules - EmailAction error

Hi,
I'm having an issue with the EmailAction. When i execute the rule, i have an error on sending the email.
Odd thing is that resetting the password via email works perfectly and no error is given.

Error:
org.akaza.openclinica.exception.OpenClinicaSystemException: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: [EOF]. Failed messages: javax.mail.MessagingException: [EOF]

Any clue on what is happening? The file located in /openclinica.config/datainfo.properties have the correct settings

Comments

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    Hi,
    Can you give some more details on the emailaction? I think there is a problem with addresses conatining a dash, "-": could that be the problem? Or maybe a special character in the mail message?
    Maybe you could upload the rule-file.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
  • n9010n9010 Posts: 4
    edited January 2017
    Hi, no dashes are in the addresses. We have cloned the machine, and after trying the rule a few times, it worked, for no apparent reason (No changes were made to any file). Cloned again the machine, and the email is not working again.
    This is one of the rules that we are having issues with:

<RuleImport><RuleAssignment><Target>F_xxxxxxx.IG_MCADM_xxxxx.I_MCADM_xxxx</Target>RuleRef OID="R_DM_01">EmailAction IfExpressionEvaluates="true"><Run AdministrativeDataEntry="true" InitialDataEntry="true" DoubleDataEntry="true" ImportDataEntry="true" Batch="true"/><Message>A mail will be sent after you click Save</Message><To>[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]</To></EmailAction></RuleRef></RuleAssignment><RuleDef OID="R_DM_01" Name="DM01"><Description>Send mail</Description><Expression>I_MCADM_DMICDT ne ""</Expression></RuleDef></RuleImport>

Thanks
    Hi,
    It could be a result of the copying pasting for this forum, but it seems there's a line-break in the addresses. Can you check that?
    Thanks,
    Gerben Rienk
    Hi, the email address are correctly formatted in the rule.
    A little update:
    We have noticed that if we reset an account password and send it via email, the rule works. If the machine is rebooted we have to re-reset a password to make the rule work.
    Any Ideas?
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I can confirm that this also happens in our oc.3.12.2 environment. No EMailAction is executed. Then for example the extract of a dataset is requested, which results in a confirmation mail after completion. Then the EMailAction does work.
    I created a jira ticket for this: https://jira.openclinica.com/browse/OC-7714
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk