Please join your peers on either March 26 (8pm GMT) or March 28 (8am GMT) to watch as user extraordinaire and forum legend @"lindsay.stevens" demonstrates OpenClinica Insight.

See preview and register at https://openclinica.com/insight-webinar

Insight makes it easy to ask questions of ALL of your clinical and operational data and visualize answers via interactive reports and dashboards. The idea is simple, but the results are powerful: ask your questions, choose your visualizations, then return often for updated, interactive results that link you to all of the underlying data.

Problems export to a new computer 127.0.0.1

Dear all,

I have a problem to export a study (openclinica community edition) from my computer to a new computer in VM machine.
In the new computer, all ok when I type "root", and then password"clinica". However, When I type "ifconfig", it comes http:127.0.0.1, and also showed loopback.
I tried the usual way to open http://127.0.0.1:8080/OpenClinica, it didn't work.
I know maybe there is something wrong with the web address, because it was always like 192.168.0.1 in my computer before. However, I don't know how to solve this problem because I'm not good at software stuff.
Hope someone could help me with this issue.

Many many thanks!

Stella

Comments

• haenselhaensel Posts: 570 ✭✭
    Hi Stella

This is hard to answer but I'll give it a try. Do you open a browser within the VM or from another PC?

Regards,
    Christian
  • Stella123Stella123 Posts: 5
    haensel said:

Hi Stella

This is hard to answer but I'll give it a try. Do you open a browser within the VM or from another PC?

Regards,
    Christian

Hi Christian,

thank you for your quick answer. I opened a browser from another PC where I imported the study in the VM machine there.

Best, Stella
    edited February 2017
    Hi Stella

So probably you need to enter the ip address of the VM instead of 127.0.0.1. Unfortunately I can't tell you how to determine it but maybe the installed operating system can tell you the assigned ip.

Regards,
    Christian
    Post edited by haensel on
    I didn't read your first post carefully enough. Do you use "ifconfig" within the VM?
    Hi Stella

If the only interface shown be "ifconfig" is the loopback adapter you probably need to add a network interface to your VM.
    Which operating system do you use?

Regards,
    Christian
    haensel said:

Hi Stella

If the only interface shown be "ifconfig" is the loopback adapter you probably need to add a network interface to your VM.
    Which operating system do you use?

Regards,
    Christian

Hi Christian,

thank you for your suggestion. I use windows system. But I don't know how to add a network interface to my VM.

Best, Stella
    Hi Stella

So you have a Windows host system where your VM is installed and the VM runs Linux? Do you use VMWare, VirtualBox or something else?

Regards,
    Christian
    haensel said:

Hi Stella

So you have a Windows host system where your VM is installed and the VM runs Linux? Do you use VMWare, VirtualBox or something else?

Regards,
    Christian

HI Christian,
    yes, you're right! I use windows houst system and VM runs Linux, and I use Oracle VM Virtualbox to run the "openclinica community edition 3.3.ova" file.

I have created a study with many patient's data in it using my own computer. But for some reasons I must transfer all these data to a new computer. So I exported the file named"Openclinica Appliance Export-disk 1. vmdk" to the new computer and import this file to the VM virtual box. I used the same steps as I did in the old computer. But when type "ifconfig", it came up not the right net address.

Best,
    Stlla
    > @haensel said:
    > Maybe this is useful for you
    >
    > http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/78295/centos-no-network-interface-after-installation-in-virtualbox

Thank you so much! I will try.

Best, Stella