Can I add multiple Study Subjects at the same time?

Hi,
I would like to add multiple study subjects at the same time? Is that possible?
After that I would like to upload subject data for all subjects at the same time. This is a study, where data has been collected into Excel, and I am trying to build the study and populate it with data in OpenClinica.

Can anybody help? I would highly appreciate it. Thank you!!

Silke.

Comments

• haenselhaensel Posts: 530 ✭✭
    Hi Silke

I guess it is not possible otherwise somebody else would have told you how to do it.
    Is there a special reason to do it all at once or was this just a kind of "is this feature available" question?

Regards,
    Christian
  • haenselhaensel Posts: 530 ✭✭
    two links if somebody is interested in more REST details

REST web services

The OpenClinica REST API
  • toskriptoskrip Posts: 244 ✭✭
    This not something that you can do directly via OC user interface however, you can use additional extensions that do all the necessary orchestration (SS creations, Event scheduling, XML data transformation and import). This task is not something for beginners. You will have to invest some time to find to extension that fits your need and learn how to use it. Check the OC extensions page to find a proper data import utility:

https://community.openclinica.com/extensions

Tomas
  • sroeddersroedder Posts: 7
    Dear Tomas and Christian,
    thank you for the links.
    The reason why I want to upload data for multiple samples and multiple visits at the same time is that this study started two years ago with study management being done at a different site which did not use OC but Excel spreadsheets.

looking at the links, it truly seems that adding multiple samples at the same time will not be an easy task...

Do you have any recommendations on how to accomplish this task as a non-programmer?

Is this something that will be available in the near future?

I would appreciate your help..

Silke
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Hi Silke,
    Did you have a look at http://www.trialdatasolutions.com/tds/howto/wsclient.jsp ?
    It is an MsAccess-tool I use for creating subjects and scheduling events. Most of the time I have to modify it slightly to fit specific requirements, but the basis is always the same.
    If you need further explaining, please let me know.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk