Please join your peers on either March 26 (8pm GMT) or March 28 (8am GMT) to watch as user extraordinaire and forum legend @"lindsay.stevens" demonstrates OpenClinica Insight.

See preview and register at

Insight makes it easy to ask questions of ALL of your clinical and operational data and visualize answers via interactive reports and dashboards. The idea is simple, but the results are powerful: ask your questions, choose your visualizations, then return often for updated, interactive results that link you to all of the underlying data.

Upgrading OpenClinica

I am running OpenClinica 1.3.4 with live project running in it. That project is going to end this year end.

For a new upcoming project, I want to upgrade OpenClinica.

If i upgrade now, What are the steps of doing it. Are there any problem if I upgrade during live project running.

Operating System: Windows Server with Postgres sql and tomcat server

Please Suggest

• BinaryVisionBinaryVision Posts: 42
    There are many differences in the newer OC, including database/schema changes. Personally, I wouldn't consider any upgrade if you only have 8 months to go.

For a new project, you can follow the instructions posted on GitHub I'd recommend another install of Tomcat 7 and Java 1.7 which are required for the newer versions (incompatible with your current version).
  • Manoj SoniManoj Soni Posts: 162

I have Windows 7 computer and i have installed openclinica 13 latest version.

Will it work because at the end of verify installation, It does not show OpenClinica login page.

I have checked openclinica directory is made.

any guess?

It says localhost page can not be found.

• BinaryVisionBinaryVision Posts: 42
    Do all the directories, jsp, pages and classes within the OpenClinica webapp folder exist as in the WAR? Check each of the Tomcat logs