EDC for Small Company

I work with a small CRO involved in post-marketing, outcomes-based research. We work with doctors and drug companies to carry out retrospective chart reviews. Currently, we use paper CRFs to capture data, but my boss is ready to make the move to EDCs. Hooray!

However, given we are such a small company, our budget is limited, and we are attempting to determine the best EDC solution. The community version of OpenClinica sounded like a great option, but we would need help installing the software and would need some training. The Enterprise version would be wonderful, but the price-tag is too high for us.

Perhaps there is a solution out there? People with experiences to share? I would love to learn more! I am extremely grateful for any guidance or help the community of users could provide! Thank you so very much.

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭
    Hi Rachel,
    I suggest that you start by installing the software on a local computer or laptop by following the instructions to the letter. The very large user community is there to help you. Just follow the instructions. If you have a person with some IT experience that would help.
    God luck
    Krister
  • rachel.hathcockrachel.hathcock Posts: 5
    Hello, Kristiak,

Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it. Is it possible to do this without someone who is an IT expert? Not sure how easy the instructions are for someone who is not overly proficient in software. If you have any thoughts, feel free to share!! Thank you so very much.

Rachel
    kristiak said:

Hi Rachel,
    I suggest that you start by installing the software on a local computer or laptop by following the instructions to the letter. The very large user community is there to help you. Just follow the instructions. If you have a person with some IT experience that would help.
    God luck
    Krister

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭
    via Email
    Hi Rachel,

If you can handle an IPHONE/ANDROID or IPAD or similar then you can install OpenClinica. Just download the instructions and read them carefully and follow them carefully. If you need help just let us know on this forum, we will help you if you run into problems.
    /Krister
    Hello, Kristiak,

You have been incredibly helpful! Thank you so very much for your responsiveness. I appreciate it more than you know :) I will continue to reach out as needed. What a great community!