Multiple exports at the same time are not working.

FZweerusFZweerus Posts: 12
edited May 4 in Extracting & Reporting
When multiple exports are started simultaneously, only the first export is executed fine.
All other exports that are executed simultaneously are giving errors.
Only when the first export is performed, a second export can be started.
All exports (when executed separately) seem to be working fine.

Here is what we tried:
Started SPSS export, started ODM export, started EXCEL export at the same time.

- The SPSS runs fine, but takes some time, both the ODM and the EXCEL export are not completed.
- For the EXCEL export we receive an email with the message: “Warning: null An exception was thrown while running an extract job on your server, please see the logs for more details. “
- For the ODM 1.3 export the error is: “Warning: Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key html_email_body_2_2 An exception was thrown while running an extract job on your server, please see the logs for more details. ”

We are running OC3.8, however we also have another server running OC3.8 that does not seem to have the problem and also exports about 10 times as fast by the way....

Is anybody familiar with this problem?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    I would upgrade to the latest version reconfigure Tomcat, upgrade to PLSQL 9.x and run it under 64bit. This will increase the performance tremendously but i would still wait a few seconds before starting the new query to avoid conflicts. But to do this you need a powerful CPU and at least 16 Gb RAM
  • FZweerusFZweerus Posts: 12
    Thanks Kristiak for your suggestion.

In fact, I did not mention this, however we also have a server configured exactly like that. Powerful CPU, lots of RAM, PLSQL 9.x and OC 3.12.2. This server however has the same problem with consecutive exports. Every second, third export is broken off, while the first one started will finish without any problem.

We have done quite some extensive testing, and found that the servers where the second export are interrupted do this consistently. With other words we have not been able to run two exports at the same time. The second export is every time interrupted after about 60 seconds.
    Whereas the server that does allow multiple exports to be started at the same time, also performs consistent. We have not seen any export to get interrupted. Even if we started 10 in a row, e]and even if the exports itself may take hours to run.
    They seem to be run after each other though, however they will eventually all be performed, and non of the exports were ever interrupted in this configuration.

So there must be a setting somewhere that determines this behavior. In order to reduce the amount of variables, I started of with mentioning only the two severs that both run OC3.8.

All suggestions are welcome.
    Frank
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 750 ✭✭✭
    Hi Frank,
    What is in the logs, both tomcat and postgres? I have seen extracts get stuck because of "too many open files", which is tomcat, or a broken index, which is of course postgres.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
  • FZweerusFZweerus Posts: 12
    via Email
    Thanks Gerben,

We will have a look. The index is not the problem in this case, however,
    the Tomcat suggestion could certainly be an issue here.

We will look into that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Kind regards,

Frank

Op 5/5/2017 om 9:29 AM schreef GerbenRienk: