Cannot mark event status to "completed"

We have a study where events are set up in OpenClinica so that sites can mark event statuses as complete on the subject matrix regardless of whether all CRFs within the event have been completed. We have one subject where the option to mark the event "completed" does not show in the "Status" dropdown on the "Update Study Event" page:

For another subject, this option is available:

I have data manager access to this study.

I tried to look in the code for that page, but only found the jsp. Where can I find the java code associated with the OpenClinica/web/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/managestudy/updateStudyEvent.jsp file?

Without looking in the code, does anyone have any idea why the "completed" option would not show up for that particular subject?

Thanks in advance!

Mihai

Comments

• lindsay.stevenslindsay.stevens Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    via Email
    There are some state controllers I think in the core module that deal with
    these transitions. I can't remember where exactly - one of the issues was
    that it was spread across a few classes.

The behaviour should be that an event can only go to "completed" if it was
    incomplete and stopped or skipped (manual), or complete and data entry
    started (auto), or signed and then updated (auto), or set by data import
    (auto or manual).
  • mvirtosumvirtosu Posts: 275
    Lindsay,

Thanks for your response. I tried to lookup the rules for when an event can go to "completed", but was unable to find them in the docs. Do you happen to have a reference in handy?

For the subject where I can set the event status to "completed", I can see from the audit log that the event status was never set to stopped or skipped. What am I missing?

Thanks again,

Mihai
  • sfesselsfessel Posts: 6
    Hi,

have you checked your CRFs within the Event that cannot be completed? You can complete (and sign, if you are Investigator) the Event only, if all CRFs in the Event are set to Complete.

Greetings

Sebastian.
    sfessel said:

Hi,

have you checked your CRFs within the Event that cannot be completed? You can complete (and sign, if you are Investigator) the Event only, if all CRFs in the Event are set to Complete.

Greetings

Sebastian.

In this study, they want to manually set the event status to "completed". All required CRFs in the event are completed. There are some CRFs which are not completed, but those are not required.

Thanks for responding!

Mihai
    For anyone else with the same problem: the issue was resolved by marking the event "stopped" and then we were able to mark it as "completed".

Mihai