OpenClinica reinstall won't run, ldap.userDn

I've been running OpenClinica on a local server that recently had some hardware issues, and I had to jump ship to a new box. in Setting up the new instance of Openclinica I copied as much of the previous setup as I could find, but I can't get it to load, nor can I make heads or tails of the specific error being reported in my log files (attached. my OpenClinica webapp is named EDCS). for reference i've got OC 3.1l, Tomcat 7.052, jdk 1.7, and postgres 8.4 all downloaded from the instructions on the OpenClinica github, so I'm not expecting a compatibility issue. does anyone have any advice?

I'm not sure what to do with "SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.akaza.openclinica.dao.core.OCContextLoaderListener
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean definition with name 'contextSource' defined in class path resource [org/akaza/openclinica/applicationContext-core-security.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder 'ldap.userDn'" which is the closest to a root cause I can see, but I've seen other errors trace back to springframework where that wasn't the problem.

Comments

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    Hi,
    Can you upload your datainfo.properties (without the passwords or other sensitive info)? Then we can have a look.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
  • byarmas-fscbyarmas-fsc Posts: 40
    sure, here it is. couldn't upload as a .properties. as a note, the DB port is accurate. we had postgres 9 and 8 running on the same server with 9 at port 5432 and 8 at port 5433, the same port was kept for this reinstall and I've confirmed the 5433 connection to postgres.
  • byarmas-fscbyarmas-fsc Posts: 40
    And as soon as I posted that I remembered that a while back the datainfo.properties structure changed. A quick look confirms my file was missing the entire LDAP section because it was based on a rather old original file. tacking on the default LDAP section from the default datainfo file in the distro and it works like a charm. I feel a fool, thanks for the reminder, at least.