Topics and Tools from the OpenClinica Blog - What's Your Take?

bfarrowbfarrow Posts: 7 admin
edited June 29 in General Discussion
Hello everyone!

I've been remiss in not doing this sooner, because this is the community most likely to build upon, and maybe find new uses for, some materials I've recently posted to the OpenClinica blog. Please don't hesitate to share your ideas on these tools!

A Prescription for Data Management Health
https://www.openclinica.com/prescription-data-management-health/

Automate Your Collection of Lab Reference Ranges
https://www.openclinica.com/automate-collection-lab-reference-ranges/

Best regards,
Bryan
eClinical Catalyst
Bryan Farrow
eClinical Catalyst at OpenClinica
(It's my job to tell the eClinical world what we've done and what we're doing, and to learn what else is needed in that world to get better data faster.)
Post edited by bfarrow on

Comments

• fclemceresfclemceres Posts: 3
    first of all, thanks for sharing it.

Being platform agnostic, it really has a great value (I want to automatise it with R... need time). From experience, PI are more responsive to mails than dashboards (maybe because they check their mails more often than they connect to the EDC)

Sharing on experience/current model:
    At the moment, we send this as an excel list to the CRA. They then contact the site (DM build the tool, CRA do the 'nice and friendly' contact).
    To dive in the details, they additionally have attached excel files with the webaddress to jump to the right place. e.g. "form status".
    This List is slowly but constantly growing based on recurent cross study request.

Aside:
    You mentioned the integration of dashboards in OC (with the screen shot). We might soon use the OC Community 3.13 (or later) and I couldn't find it documented. Is it only present in OC Enterprise? OC4 maybe?

Fred (DM)
  • bfarrowbfarrow Posts: 7 admin
    Hello Frederic,

Thanks for this context (and sorry for this late reply). I think you are 100% correct that the approach to the site needs to be done with a soft touch. No spreadsheet or even customized email alone is going to get a drastically under-performing site back on track, or make a top performer feel prized. So if anyone is going to use mail merge to send out reports on a site-specific basis, they should be very, very clear that this is just one gauge and (more importantly) a tool for the site to prioritize in light of all they are already doing. It's hard to beat a team of experienced, dedicated CRAs when it comes to keeping sites happy and contributing.

I want to learn more about R myself. If you have any resources to help me get started, send them along! bfarrow@openclinica.com.

Data visualizations are available with Enterprise. We are thrilled with what's possible but this feature is new so I can't say a proven set of best practices and dashboards has emerged. In a sense, there's almost too much to sift through and consider when it comes trends in operational and clinical data. Definitely a topic for OC17!
    Bryan Farrow
    eClinical Catalyst at OpenClinica
    (It's my job to tell the eClinical world what we've done and what we're doing, and to learn what else is needed in that world to get better data faster.)