Please join your peers on either March 26 (8pm GMT) or March 28 (8am GMT) to watch as user extraordinaire and forum legend @"lindsay.stevens" demonstrates OpenClinica Insight.

See preview and register at https://openclinica.com/insight-webinar

Insight makes it easy to ask questions of ALL of your clinical and operational data and visualize answers via interactive reports and dashboards. The idea is simple, but the results are powerful: ask your questions, choose your visualizations, then return often for updated, interactive results that link you to all of the underlying data.

404 error and favoicon.ico redirect when setting OpenClinica as ROOT in tomcat

So I've been helping a client set up an OpenClinica instance. They're using community 3.13 on a Microsoft azure server. We had everything setup and running, but I changed the folder from webapps/OpenClinica to webapps/ROOT so that there was no need for an extension on the base URL. this generated a new localhost.config and .data folders, but that was easy enough to correct for. However, this also caused some very funny errors on just about every browser except firefox. when a user goes to the url and logs in, rather than being directed to their home page, the browser opens up favicon.ico in the url. by default this gives a 404, but even if I put the favicon into the /ROOT folder in tomcat, it just opens the image rather than using it as a favicon. is there any solution to this rather bizarre behavior? if I go back to hosting the webapp at /OpenClinica the problem goes away completely, I'd just rather have the base url point to the EDC, and the client doesn't have a webserver available to put in a redirect.