Please join your peers on either March 26 (8pm GMT) or March 28 (8am GMT) to watch as user extraordinaire and forum legend @"lindsay.stevens" demonstrates OpenClinica Insight.

See preview and register at https://openclinica.com/insight-webinar

Insight makes it easy to ask questions of ALL of your clinical and operational data and visualize answers via interactive reports and dashboards. The idea is simple, but the results are powerful: ask your questions, choose your visualizations, then return often for updated, interactive results that link you to all of the underlying data.

Changing the response_label

Hi,
I have some variables (A, B and C) that shared the same response_label.
For one variable (A), I need to add a response_option (and response_value) but I don't want to add it for the other variables. So for variable A, I need to change the response_label to add the new option.

The problem is that you can't do that apparently in OC:
The properties ITEM_NAME, DATA_TYPE, and RESPONSE_LABEL cannot be changed after the CRF is created.

But I tried it on my test environment and it seems to work...

Can you tell me if eventually it's ok to do it or not ? What are the consequences on the extraction for instance ?

Example:
Version 1
A,B,C shared the label "grade"; value 1,2,3; coded 1,2,3
Version 1.1
For A (and only for A), I want to add 4:
So I created grade2, value 1,2,3,4; coded 1,2,3,4 and apply it to variable A

I then migrate all v1 to v1.1. Will I lose or miss something for variable A during the extraction or not ?

If I can't do that, is there another solution ?

Thank you,

Romain.

Comments

• RCHENURCHENU Posts: 195
    Hello,

I will really appreciate it if people from OC could share their thought about it ! :-)

Thank you,

Romain.

Hey,
    One more try :wink: !
    It would be great if someone from OpenClinica could answer my question or if it's not clear enough to be answered.
    I have to update very soon my CRFs and I have to know what is possible or not to communicate after to the team.

Thanks a lot.

Romain
  • ccollinsccollins Posts: 373 admin
    via Email
    Hi Romain,
    I don't think it is allowed. A good test would would be to set up a form
    with two fields & same response label, add some patient data, then
    upversion one to a separate response label with entirely different set of
    codes, and enter more data. then try to either migrate one of the original
    event CRFs and/or do an extract and report what you see.
    Best,
    Cal
    Thank you Cal for your answer. I'm going to try what you propose.

Romain.