Postgres 9.6?

ebsebs Posts: 95
Hi,

Has anyone managed to get OC running on Postgres 9.6? The installation instructions for 3.13 states that point releases should be ok but in the database section it specifically recommends 9.5.

I'm hitting a "column am.amcanorder does not exist" error on initial deployment onto Postgres 9.6 with OC failing to load. This error seems common to many Java applications and may be related to the JDBC driver.

Will 3.14 support 9.6? Nothing specific about it in the Roadmap or in Jira as far as I can see.

Thanks
Eric

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭
    Hi Eric,

I have one study running under 9.6. The problem I have is to run PGADMIN 4.0.
    When trying to backup the OpenClinica, I get an error:
    " Please set binary path for PostgreSQL Server from preferences."
    I'm not sure how to fix that!

Regards

Krister
  • ebsebs Posts: 95
    Hi Krister,

That's interesting. Did you need to do any workarounds or fixes to get OC to install? Have you seen any other issues or concerns?

Your backup issue sounds like this one...... https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/149169/binary-path-in-the-pgadmin-preferences

Cheers
    Eric
    Hi Eric,

No I did not do anything unusual but after I followed the instructions in the link you sent me I got that part to work, But there is one problem with PGADMIN 4.0
    it runs extremely slow or not at all. I cannot get the BACKUP to finish on a small database with 38 patients running on a fast server under WINDOWS 2012 server. Any ideas? I would like to go back to PG 9.5 but I can't get a proper backup so I'm hesitant!

Best

Krister
  • BinaryVisionBinaryVision Posts: 36
    kristiak said:

Hi Eric,

No I did not do anything unusual but after I followed the instructions in the link you sent me I got that part to work, But there is one problem with PGADMIN 4.0
    it runs extremely slow or not at all. I cannot get the BACKUP to finish on a small database with 38 patients running on a fast server under WINDOWS 2012 server. Any ideas? I would like to go back to PG 9.5 but I can't get a proper backup so I'm hesitant!

Best

Krister

Have you tried with pg_dump?
    Thanks, I will try that! My findings seems to be pretty common when you read reactions from users!
    I was able to get a full backup via PG_DUMP and loaded it into PG 9.5. That part worked fine. BAsed on my experience with PG 9.6 I would not recommend it for OpenClinica.