Integrate external randomisation into open clinica

Hi everyone!
Is it possible to connect my Open Clinica database with a randomisation system? I am using Sealed envelope from UK. What i would like is to import the autogenerated pat Id and treatment arm into my Open Clinica database. Has anyone done this before?

Best Regards
Joanna Wessbergh
Tagged:

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭
    Hi Joanna,

I'm sure that is possible. We import the entire randomisation form with treatment arm in the EFFECTS study via WEB services.
  • ebsebs Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Hi Joanna,

Yes this is possible. We use Web Services to add the subjects/patients from a rando system to the OC study.

You may need to alter the OC system to control that subjects are not manually added if randomisation is the only source of subjects. This can be done by hiding the Add subject links in the front end.

Cheers
    Eric
  • JoannaJoanna Posts: 17
    via Email
    Hi Eric,

Do you have an example on how to do this? I have not used the web services, what do I need from the company that provides the randomization system.,
    Med vänliga hälsningar

Joanna Wessbergh
    070-565 07 23

11 september 2017 13:18:00 +02:00, skrev ebs :
  • ebsebs Posts: 111 ✭✭
    You should point them to the OC Web Services documentation.

We use SOAP Web Services https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/technical-documents/openclinica-web-services-guide but they should also consider REST as that is the use case going forward for OC.

Cheers
    Eric