Please join your peers on either March 26 (8pm GMT) or March 28 (8am GMT) to watch as user extraordinaire and forum legend @"lindsay.stevens" demonstrates OpenClinica Insight.

See preview and register at https://openclinica.com/insight-webinar

Insight makes it easy to ask questions of ALL of your clinical and operational data and visualize answers via interactive reports and dashboards. The idea is simple, but the results are powerful: ask your questions, choose your visualizations, then return often for updated, interactive results that link you to all of the underlying data.

The new OpenClinica is here!

ccollinsccollins Posts: 373 admin
edited October 2017 via Email in General Discussion
Hi all,

The new OpenClinica (what you may have heard of as OC v4) is here! A 3-part
blog post gives you the lowdown:

http://blog.openclinica.com/2017/10/18/introducing-the-new-openclinica/

Congratulations to the OpenClinica LLC team and to everyone in the
community who made this happen! I'm so proud to work alongside you.

Best,
Cal

Comments

• ebsebs Posts: 118 ✭✭
    OC4 looks great. Well done!

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more at OC17.

Cheers
    Eric
  • haenselhaensel Posts: 570 ✭✭
    Hi Cal

The blog posts are very promissing and we're curious about new new OC. Part 3 says
    As with OpenClinica 3, most (but not all) of it is open source and available on GitHub.

I wasn't able to find the code for download but maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
    Christian
  • toskriptoskrip Posts: 253 ✭✭
    Hallo Christian,

I would interpret it like this. The current OC master branch, is the core for OC4 (also referred as OC bridge in the past). It will stay open together with web API, but very likely there will be no released distribution for community installation (because anyway on its own it is not complete and not useful for end users - e.g. rendering engine for eCRF is third party component). The development of OC3.x will be organised within OC3.x specific branches. OC4 does not have eCRF rendering engine, it uses enketo for this purpose (enketo is open source as well). Study Designer (TM) will probably stayed closed. Participate (TM) is likely to stay closed. Insight (TM) looks like another closed module for monitoring and reporting. This is just my (personal) summary as I was observing the progress of development.

best

Tomas
  • toskriptoskrip Posts: 253 ✭✭
    ... small add info, bridge-1.0 branch could refer to first release of OC4.
  • ccollinsccollins Posts: 373 admin
    via Email
    Hi Tomas,

I think that's a pretty accurate picture of things. We'll hopefully catch
    up on documentation for the git repos soon, that's a little behind. One
    other item to note is that for OC4 we are using a third party
    authentication service (auth0), so if you're trying to build it from source
    code you'll need to sign up for an account with them or replace that layer
    with something else.

Best,
    Cal
  • haenselhaensel Posts: 570 ✭✭
    Hi Tomas

Thank you for your explanation and Cal thank you for your additional note. I'll have a closer look into the OC-Bridge and will wait for additional information about the future plans and the pricing.

Regards,
    Christian
  • juan.debonisjuan.debonis Posts: 36
    via Email
    (empty message)