CRF build - show/hiding tables

Can a table be hidden/shown (depending on a previous questions' answer) using the simple conditional display message instead of having to create a rule?
In the past I found no answers regarding this. Any news on this?

Comments

• jguptajgupta Posts: 27
    No, a table belongs to grid. To show and hide grid, you would need to write rule.
  • Michelle_DMichelle_D Posts: 99
    In Clincapture I was sent an 'instruction' to put in the CRF and it allows me to hide a table unless 'yes' is selected. it doens't work in OpenClinica. Has nobody managed to find a way to hide a table that will only appear if a specific answer is chosen, without this being done by a rule????
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Yes it works with the simple SHOW or HIDE option at the very right of the Excel sheet.
    from what I understand, you can set the table to 'HIDE' but only by creating a rule, will it 'show' according to the rule. i want to have this table hidden and have a Yes No question and if the answer is 'yes' then the table will appear without having to create a rule.
    Has ANYONE found a way around of doing this?
    What type of a table are you talking about. The rule to show or hide for a GRID is very simple and only needs to be created once. I do not see your problem!?
    my problem is a stubborn site that doesn't want this as a rule. they don't want to have to click 'save' for the table to show :-(
    Will it be OK to show the table all the time without the site having to click on anything,? I f I remember right at Gerbens site there are examples that should work. http://www.trialdatasolutions.com/tds/howto/index.jsp
    Regards
    Krister
    via Email
    Hi,
    I can leave the table as 'shown' all the time. I just won't be able to make any field in it required.
    I created rules and it looked great, but the study personnel didn't like having to fill in the eCRF and click 'save' and only then have the table pop up.
    Pains!!

Michelle Danieli
    Data Manager & Accounts
    A.Stein-Regulatory Affairs Consulting Ltd.

E-mail: [email protected]
    Tel: +972-9-7670002
    Fax: +972-9-7668534
    Mobile: +972 523 593142 (for whatsapp purposes)

A. Stein -Regulatory Affairs Consulting Ltd.
    20 HaTa'as St. (P.O.B. 124)
    Beit Hapa'amon Bldg (Suite 102)
    Kfar Saba 4442520
    ISRAEL
    Hi Michelle,
    Sites can be a pain. but they can be pursuaded. Try to convince them that this extra click is needed for some of the rules to work. You can always blame 21CFRpart 11 and GDPR or GCP in general. :)

Regards

Krister
    via Email
    :-)
    Thanks dear.

Michelle Danieli
    Data Manager & Accounts
    A.Stein-Regulatory Affairs Consulting Ltd.

E-mail: [email protected]
    Tel: +972-9-7670002
    Fax: +972-9-7668534
    Mobile: +972 523 593142 (for whatsapp purposes)

A. Stein -Regulatory Affairs Consulting Ltd.
    20 HaTa'as St. (P.O.B. 124)
    Beit Hapa'amon Bldg (Suite 102)
    Kfar Saba 4442520
    ISRAEL