Please join your peers on either March 26 (8pm GMT) or March 28 (8am GMT) to watch as user extraordinaire and forum legend @"lindsay.stevens" demonstrates OpenClinica Insight.

See preview and register at https://openclinica.com/insight-webinar

Insight makes it easy to ask questions of ALL of your clinical and operational data and visualize answers via interactive reports and dashboards. The idea is simple, but the results are powerful: ask your questions, choose your visualizations, then return often for updated, interactive results that link you to all of the underlying data.

Repeating a section (WITHOUT looking like a table)

Dear all,

I would like to repeat a whole section of my CRF, but I do not want it to look like a table (which would be the case if I use groups/GRID), because then I would lose the overview (since the section concerns multiple variables).

I know the other option would be to make another (repeatable) event, but I would prefer to keep only one event. Therefore, I wondered if anyone knows whether or not it is possible to repeat a section without the use of groups/GRID, and thus without looking like a table.

Some background information: it concerns a patient database in which patients might have undergone multiple imaging modalities, for example X-rays or MRI scans, so I would like to repeat the section with the imaging modality variables.

Thank you in advance for your response! (Also if you are sure that it is not possible what I want!)

Best regards,

Lotte

Answers

• ecalanchiecalanchi Posts: 25
    Repeating groups and repeating events are the only options to dynamically repeat items that I know. Did you consider to create a different eCRF for each imaging modality in the same event? The CRF completed would give you an immediate overview of scans performed for each patients.
    E. Calanchi
    datariver.it
  • ccollinsccollins Posts: 375 admin
    via Email
    Hi Lotte,

Unfortunately it is not possible to have a repeating group in OpenClinica 3
    without it being a grid-style layout. It is possible in OpenClinica 4 using
    the form and group's 'appearance' options.
    Also, you may want to take a look at the recently released “Common Events”
    feature for OC4 that allows you to customize what data you see on the
    Subject Details page, which may be of interest:
    http://blog.openclinica.com/2018/04/17/oc4-users-get-trained-for-free-on-this-weeks-release/

Best,
    Cal